Twenty Years Later

"Harabeoji! I come stay!"

"I can see little one, where's Eomma?"

"Right here!" Mina strolled in behind her little boy.

"Right now he's here, I'm going to work, I'll
pick him up tomorrow. Thank you, Appa. His things are all in his bag" she smiled.

"Mimi? Why don't you leave him here for the week? Have a bit of time to yourself? Catch up on your assignments and sleep. Then stay for the long weekend with him next week?"

"Really?"

"Sure, he's no trouble and I think Eomma will enjoy having a baby to fuss over. He has plenty of things here and I can always call by for any clothes he needs You look tired, you know you don't have to work, we will
help you"

"You already gave us a place to live and cover my tuition, now you're helping me with childcare. You do enough for me, for us, and I'm more than grateful"

"We're your parents, you're only young, we're here to help you. Always. Ok? I'll put a bit of money in your account. Use it to make things a bit easier for you?"

"Thank you Appa, I appreciate everything you do"

"Any time, Eomma said she will cook some meals for your freezer, once they're done I'll pop round and put them in for you ok?"

"Yes! Can you ask her if she will cook me some toad in the hole!?"

"I'll let her know!"

"Mimi?"

"Yes, Appa?"

"I love you. Always"

"I love you too, bye baby, I love you. Be good.
I'll call you tomorrow"

"Bye Mama loves you. I will"

---

"Halmeoni?"

"Hello baby, what are you doing here?" Emily opened her arms for him to jump onto her lap.

"I stay for bigs week. Harabeoji said so"

"He did, did he? Then we must plan all the exciting things for you being here, huh? Ice cream for breakfast, and a big pizza, and I think we need to go and visit the toy store? Hmm"

"Yay! Yes yes yes!"

"Ok, well how about you go and put your swimming things on and Harabeoji will take you swimming"

"Yay!" Emily smiled as her Grandson ran into the laundry room, ripping off his clothing and finding his swim shorts.

Emily never thought for a second that she would be a Grandmother quite so soon, but when Mina had turned up on the doorstep sobbing into Emily's arms. Emily had always known that no matter what she would be there for any of her children.

After several hot chocolates and a warm
shower, Emily found out that Mina's boyfriend who wasn't her soulmate, had dumped her when he found out she was pregnant. Kicking her out of their shared apartment with only the things in her bag. Emily couldn't have been more furious, how dare he. Mina could have easily asked her parents for a house, she couldn't have used every penny they offered, but she never did, she worked hard, and wanted to fend for herself, and he took advantage of her.

Mina was worried she was going to disappoint her parents. Which couldn't have been further from the truth. She stayed with them while they sorted her somewhere else to live permanently in her name and her name only. Jin and Hoseok went with Jimin and reclaimed all of her belongings, they may have had some stern words with the man living there and Emily made sure Mina knew she was loved unconditionally, that they both were. Emily was going to make sure her daughter knew, that she never had to rely on anyone other than her parents ever again unless they earned every bit of it.