Chapter Seventy Six

Emily was at the company signing her book contract, she had agreed to a collection of eight books, all discussing mental health, for children, using characters and explaining in simple terms.

She had agreed with the publisher that 75% of profits would be split between five different mental health charities. One in the UK, one in South Korea, one international and the other two were solely for helping children and teenagers whose parents had mental illnesses.

Emily was keen to not be taking on this project for money. She wanted to use her talent for a good cause, and after turning down working with the charities personally, she still wanted to be able to help them in some way.

March was the date they had agreed upon for her to complete them giving her approximately four months. She had one month until her order book was clear as most were Christmas gifts, thankfully she had a few non-personalised, pre-printed books that people were purchasing giving her more time to work on the personalised ones. Her order book had been battered but she wouldn't be opening it again until these books were finished, hopefully by April.

She couldn't believe it was almost Christmas again, it seemed like no time at all since she was in Busan celebrating last year. This time the boys and Emily were staying in Seoul, still having all of their families visit but this time Emily had organised the menu, booked the hotel and the caterers and the decorators. She had taken the reins and the boys were in awe of her, she was a force to be reckoned with. Lists were decorating the kitchen, and every so often Emily would message the boys to check something.

Emily had organised a surprise house party for them and their friends the weekend before Christmas. Emily hadn't had a chance to meet them all even after eighteen months, so she took matters into her own hands.

She booked a large empty house complete with a pool and gorgeous gardens, she organised a liquor delivery service complete with bar staff and some bar furniture, some cold nibbles, made sure there were plenty of seats delivered, and had some beds made up upstairs but with the doors locked and only people previously assigned to stay were allowed inside, she completed the decor with a dance floor.

The event decorator she hired had hung fairy lights and decorations in a rainbow of colours made sure there was a stage ready for the DJ and generally added a bit of sparkle.

The owner of the house was confused when Emily said she wanted to hire the house for ten days, even though he said they were about to begin renovating and had removed all of the furniture and were about to remove the carpets and flooring. She asked if he minded keeping the flooring down until after the party. When she explained, he readily agreed. He thought he would lose income over the period he couldn't rent it out, but with Emily's generous payment he should just about break even.

She had hired security through the company and made sure that all phones were handed in at the door, there was a code word to be said permitting entry at the beginning of the long driveway, leading to the house.

"Wow! Emily they're going to love it! You're good at this kind of stuff, have many people confirmed?" Jisoo was walking around, her shoes echoing on the dance floor, mouth open.

"I think at the last count it was nearing the seventy mark. We have a one hundred people limit, so security know to stop anyone after that"

"This is such a good idea you know? They never get to let loose, I know they love partying"

"I've booked myself a room in the hotel down the road. I tend to be rubbish at staying up late, especially since I decided to not drink and I don't want them worrying about me, so they have rooms upstairs with their siblings"