Chapter Sixty Nine

"Does this look ok? I don't want to be too casual or too formal"

Emily was on her third change of outfit. She had on some black skinny jeans with a white shirt half tucked in at the front. She had pinched Jimin's belt and had a black tank top underneath.

"Emily you look beautiful, you always look beautiful" Jimin rolled his eyes, looking at his soulmate. Her red curly hair pulled into a high ponytail, with some stray strands left loose around her face. Her make up was light, and just gave her a little glow.

Putting on a chunky silver collar necklace. She checked her outfit in the mirror. Making a sound of contentment.

"Vans, ballet slippers or ..."

"These!" he smiled holding up a pair of chunky platform leopard print sandals.

"Fine, but I just need to change my necklace to gold to match" She smiled at him, walking over and kissing his soft lips, stealing some lip balm. As he deepened the kiss, she pulled back.

"If you keep doing that, we will never leave" She frowned at him

"One more?" He smirked

"One more" Emily hated how easy it was for these guys to twist her around their finger, but loved it all the same.

Leaving the house, the boys knew she was nervous, she had that air of going into battle, her clothes and jewellery radiated confidence, but they knew it was her armour. They were nervous both for her and for themselves. This was her brother, and his parents as such, and his sisters, and one of them is a fan. Choi and Han had agreed to stay outside in the car so as not to cause too much alarm.

Emily had already made sure she packed drinks and snacks in a little cooler for them and made a mental note to bring them out some food later on.

Emily had made sure to buy some drinks and a box of little cakes from the cafe she had previously visited, to take with her, she hated arriving at any event empty-handed, and the boys had bought some flowers for Carol and Oliver and a small model train for Joseph, that the model store assistant assured them he didn't have yet.

Pulling up outside of the large terraced house, Emily took a deep breath, as her car door opened, Jin's outstretched hand came into her view.

"Ready?"

"Yes, we can do this"

"We can"

As she walked up the path, followed by her soulmates. She knocked on the door using the heavy brass door knocker. Just as Emily was about to knock again, the door swung open to reveal Oliver and Joseph, both grinning.

"Emily! You look lovely! Come in, come in, all of you"

"Thank you Oliver, Hi Joe, are you ok?" Joe nodded eagerly.

Walking through into the hallway, and taking their shoes off, replacing them with slippers they brought with them. Joe smiled at them, signing something to Oliver.

"A Korean custom?"

"Oh, yes, sorry, we can put them back on" Emily smiled

"Oh no, Our Joe was just explaining, he's been researching a lot"

"Oh that's amazing"

"CAROL?! They're here" Oliver's voice boomed around the high ceilings, the house looked so tiny on the outside, but inside it was like a tardis. Decorated in a homely style, with mismatched furniture and family pictures on the wall, it reminded Emily of her Grandmothers house.

"Oh Hello love, sorry, I was just finishing off the salad" Carol came through the doorway wiping her hands on her blue floral apron.

"Oh aren't they all so handsome" Carol smiled eyeing Emily's soulmates with a smile.