Chapter Seventy Eight

Start from the beginning

Emily had bought a Korean board game similar to monopoly called Blue Marble. Now she understood Korean, she hoped it would be easier to play. She had also made sure that each of the boys' room had a games console in them with some of the games the boys played.

She had also booked several couples spa treatments, she wanted them to make the most of their time together, as once January came around the boys had a mini-tour around Asia and then they were going to America for three months, and wouldn't be back until The summer. She had tried to push it to the back of her mind. Focus on the times they would be home, even if it was for a short period. She needed to work on her books and with the boys gone, it would give her plenty of time.

Emily had given each of the parents and siblings a gift certificate for the spa, so they could also relax. Emily knew how important family was to the boys, and in turn how important their families had become to her. She knew she could phone any of them for anything, and she hoped they knew the same.

———

Yoongi POV

The thought of leaving Emily, and Charlotte was weighing so heavily it felt like I couldn't breathe. I knew this Christmas was going to be bittersweet. I am used to leaving my family and Holly, but something seems so different leaving her.

This was going to be one of the first times we would be apart for such a long period. We were getting married in close to nine months, and we were going to be away for six of those.

I'd never really felt guilty going on tour before, largely because I wasn't leaving part of me behind. I always had the boys with me, and we could let loose on tour. What went on tour stayed on tour.

But, this time, it was different. Our core was at home, the woman who held us all together, who had brought us closer than we could even imagine, was going to be thousands of miles away, alone.

I knew when she said she would be writing, and with Charlotte, she was trying to make us feel better, but it didn't. She promised to come to a few of our concerts. If I could I would put her in our luggage and kidnap her.

What would it be like once we had a baby or babies? I couldn't imagine leaving them all alone together, or leaving our wife pregnant and alone, Maybe it's time to look at our future as a band? Plan things with her in mind?

Seeing everything she has planned for us, our families and even our dogs mean so much. She would do anything for us. Maybe we need a family meeting, we've got out of the habit of having them.

———

Emily POV

The more I try not to think about it, the more I end up thinking about it.

We're getting married, I'm scared. Selfishly scared what if I have an episode? I'm going to marry them before next year is over, we're going to be having babies after that. What do I do? I don't want to be without them for weeks, months, I want my soulmates. But they didn't work so hard for me to be clingy, they didn't sleep in one room, they didn't put up with the years of shitty comments and thinking they weren't going to make it, for me to ruin it. No, 'I have to be strong.

I don't want to dictate to them what they should do, I don't want to be the needy soulmate begging for attention, I don't want them worrying about me. We'll all be fine, they're used to going on tour and none of them seems that bothered, when I told Yoongi I would be writing and I've got Charlotte, he seemed happy with it.

Would they still be touring once we had more babies? What if they missed the births? There were so many what if's. But I would be fine, I had to be fine.