Chapter 52

I had fallen asleep once my dad left my room and slept for a couple hours. At first, I was scared to go to sleep, afraid that I would feel the pain all over again, but I eventually did. I woke up and headed out to the guys.

"Hey Alex." Dean first spoke up. "You feeling ok?"

"Yeah, I feel better now. I don't really know what's going on in my head, but I'm ok." He nodded.

"Well, Cas is here, and if you're up for it, he can get it to make sense in your head."

"Is it gonna make me pass out again, and will it be painful?"

"You'll pass out, but only for about 15 minutes, and it shouldn't hurt at all from what he told me."

"Ok." I agreed. "Let's do it."

"He's in there with Sam." He said, motioning towards the other room. I walked into the room and they both turned to look at me.

"Hey guys. Dean told me you were here. I'm up for you helping me sort this out as long as it won't hurt and I'm not out for long. Dean said I'll be out for only 15 minutes and it won't hurt."

"That is correct." Cas stated. I walked over to a chair and sat down, giving him a nod telling him I was ready. Cas walked up to me and placed his hand on my head again. It all went black.

I woke up with a stabbing headache, but it was a lot better than I thought. My dad stood up from his chair and came over to me.

"Are you ok?" He asked, seeing me grab my head in pain.

"Yeah, my head just hurts."

"He said that might happen. I'll get you some Tylenol." He left and brought me some and I took it. My dad suddenly looked antsy like I did that one day when I was nervous about getting stuff off my chest to them.

"What?" I asked my dad "why do you look so nervous?"

"I don't want to push anything."

"Just tell me. What's up?"

"Do you remember anything?"

"I'm trying to make sense of what I'm seeing and separate reality from things I'm scared are gonna happen." He nodded sadly.

"I'll tell you as soon as I know, ok? Now can we get some food? I'm starving."

"Yeah. How's a burger from the diner sound? You haven't had one of those in a while."

"Sounds good to me." We got ready and headed out. We all ordered burgers, Dean and Sam had a beer, and I had a Dr. Pepper. We sat there for a while eating our lunch, but not really talking. We were all preoccupied with our thoughts. I remembered that I could read minds.
'I can't believe she still hasn't told us anything. She should remember by now. She better not have told Sammy and not me.' Dean thought.

'I really hope she's ok. I hope she isn't acting like she's fine when she's not.' My dad was thinking

"Dean, I promise you I don't remember anything yet. I'm still sorting out what's a memory and what's a fear. I will tell you as soon as I know."

"Ok." He said confused

"I can read minds, remember."

"Oh yeah. I forgot about that." I went silent for a bit. I continued reading my dad's mind.

'I guess she wasn't reading my mind. She really must not be ok. She always wants to know what I'm thinking. I shouldn't have had Cas do anything.'

"Dad, I was reading your mind too. I'm fine. I promise. And I mean fine. Just because I'm sorting things out doesn't mean I'm not ok. Some of the memories are creepy and I'm trying to acknowledge what I'm seeing. I promise you both I'm fine. Soon I'll be ready to tell you. I just need time. And dad, you know what I would say about the other part of what you were thinking. So I'm not even gonna bother."

"I get it. I'm sorry I was so upset and worried. Take your time. And yeah, I know what you're gonna say." I nodded and went back to my burger. It was silent again, and stayed that way until we got back to the bunker.