Chapter 17

Passing out is a weird experience that I had never had. You don't really dream anything and you don't see anything, you are just kind of there. You don't know what is going on and you don't know you are passed out. I slowly came to, and I felt someone lightly stroking my hair out of my face. It was my dad.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"I'm ok. My eye really hurts though. How long was I out?"

"Yeah, I'm sure it hurts. And you were only out for a few hours. Don't worry."

"Does this mean you aren't gonna let me hunt? I'm sorry I was so bad. A real monster would easily kill me."

"Hey, I told you you could once you were well trained. I made my promise and I'm gonna keep it. It's ok. You'll get there."

"I just don't like that I disappointed you. I could see it in your face that you wanted me to be able to hold my ground against Dean and I couldn't."

"Like I said out there, you aren't disappointing me. We've been at this longer than you. Don't ever think you are a disappointment to me. I love you."

"I love you too." I said shyly.

I looked into the other room, and saw Dean. He looked either sad or just tired I couldn't tell.

"Hey Dean, she's up." He hollered out to him. Dean got up and walked over. At the same time, my dad walked away. Apparently Dean wanted to talk to me alone.

"Hey Dean. Sorry about your cheek and your stomach. I hope I didn't break your jaw." I said, feeling really bad about it.

"It's fine. I told you to punch me, and you did. It was just harder than I expected." He said, totally ok with it. "I just want to say I'm so sorry for giving you that black eye. I shouldn't have been so hard on you."

"Hey, it's ok. I should have ducked, plus, I deal with black eyes on a regular basis. This one just hurt a lot more. I'll be fine Dean."

"You sure you're ok?" He asked. This was really bugging him.

"Yes. I'm fine Dean."

"Well, just in case, I'm rooming with you again tonight. In case you pass out again or something else is wrong."

"Ok. That's fine." Once we were done talking, Sam went to get food from the diner down the street and we ate dinner. I enjoyed the burger, and so did Dean, although he had a little harder time chewing his. We spent the rest of the night watching t.v., Or in my case, attempting to watch it, Before I headed to bed.