CHAPTER-40

Published on- 09/05/22

AUTHOR'S POV

2 weeks later...

The sun is shining a LITTLE bright today.

The birds are chirping a LITTLE more today.

The breeze is a LITTLE calming today.

Dewdrops seem a LITTLE more refreshing today.

The glittering sun rays spread various hues of shiny silvers and golds...

It seemed like a shiny morning with a new beginning after the dark gloomy night...

The room was clean and all white.

The big window was giving the perfect view of the beautiful morning.

The door of the room opened and a lady in her mid-50s came inside with the breakfast tray in her hand.

He faced her and she gave him a warm smile before placing the tray in front of him.

His lips also moved upward seeing the woman who is taking care of him for the last 2 weeks.

"Good morning, Amma" he said picking the spoon with his right hand.

"Good morning, beta" she replied and left his room with a final smile, closing the door behind her.

He sighed and started eating his food in silence.

A pigeon came and sat on the window.

He smiled seeing the pigeon, she was one of the few who was here for him in these past 10 days, after he gained his consciousness.

He picked a piece of chapatti and placed it in front of her.

She took it and flew away.

He sighed again, eating his food in silence ALONE.

He finished his food and again came near his usual place, the window.

He was looking outside when the door again opened, but this time a little.

He looked back and found a pair of curious eyes peeking inside his room.

He furrowed his brows in confusion because it was the first time, he saw any human after Amma in these 2 weeks.

He coughed gaining her attention.

Her eyes became big like saucers and she bit her lips like a dear caught in red light.

He laughed internally seeing her reaction.

She opened the full door.

Then only he noticed how cute she was with 2 cute ponytails, a pink cute dress, a school bag on her back, and something like a paper in her hand.

He motioned her with his right hand to come inside.

She was around 5. She moved forward with her tiny feet and stood in front of him, looking at the floor.

She slowly forwarded the paper towards him and looked up meeting his tired eyes.

Then he noticed that it was a card.

He looked at her before taking it with his right hand.
                 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

GET WELL SOON

EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE

LIFE HAS GIVEN YOU ANOTHER CHANCE