CHAPTER-11

Published on- 16/02/22

TARAKSHA SHARMA

I love you...

How many kids do you want?

Tara yaar, don't call me that!

You are a murderer, killer, betrayer...

Never show your disgusting face ever again.

I HATE YOU...

I awoke, panting heavily in the dimly lit room. My body was drenched with sweat. The apartment was silent except for my alarm clock ticking. I am getting these nightmares for the past 5 years. I wanted to stay under the covers after my nightmare, but going back to sleep may trigger another dream.

I stood up and walked slowly into the bathroom, stripped off my clothes, and stepped inside the shower. I turned the water to lukewarm and closed my eyes. Those blue eyes and all the memories of that dreadful night came flooding into my mind. I instantly opened my eyes not to increase my miseries more.

I stepped out of the bathroom tying a bathrobe around me.

I changed into a Kurti and palazzo and walked out of the room.

"Choco! Baby wake up"

"It's late"

I tried to wake my little baby sleeping peacefully in his small and cozy blanket.

He opened his eyes and snorted happily and bounded forward.

I laughed and took him in my arms and kissed his forehead.

I live in a 1-BHK apartment with my Choco. Maybe this is small but it's ok with us because more space brings more loneliness.

"Come let me fill your stomach first, then I will leave for the orphanage".

I run an orphanage "HOPES". When I meet those innocent kids, I forget everything. It's the only escape from my blank life.

Sometimes I think if it was not for that dreadful night, we would have been so happy. I smiled remembering how he asked me, how many kids I want. But that smile faded remembering how that person throw me out of his life like I meant nothing to him. I have many kids now for which I am grateful. I am so happy when I am with them but when I return home, I again found myself drowned in loneliness.

I feed Choco and left for the orphanage. I usually walk to the orphanage because it just takes 15 mins.

"Tara! This Varun again took my chocolates" was the first thing I listened to after entering the orphanage. I smiled internally because that's what they do all the time.

How can someone leave these cute little angels?

There are a total of 14 children in the orphanage currently. It's a small one. Asha and Pooja aunty are their caretakers.

They all call me Tara, reminding me of someone. I shrugged all the thoughts and bend down and sat on my knees before the 5-year-old Riya.

"What happened Riyu?" I asked her

"Varun again took my chocolates." She replied making a cute pout.

So cute!

"Varun, why did you do that?" this time I asked 7-year-old Varun who was standing there like nothing is happening.

This boy!

"Because I wanted to eat" he replied shrugging his shoulders.

I shook my head and took a chocolate from my bag and give it to Riya.

She took it and kissed me on my cheeks and ran away. Varun also ran behind her.

They both are Tom and Jerry!

Seeing them reminds me of US. No! no! I can't date back into those emotions.
____________________________________

It's evening now, I was just doing some official work and looking for some donations. People these days are not very fond of donating and even if they do, it hardly helps us meet ends. The only major source of income is my art exhibitions.

I stood up and went out of the orphanage biding all of them goodbye.

I was walking back when I saw a well-built man in a suit standing near a sumptuous car. His hand was bleeding so much. I immediately went near him. It was really bleeding a lot. I asked if he is alright. He just stared at me for some time and then nodded.

Weird!

I tied a handkerchief around his hand.

I came to know that his name is Kabir.

He had a dark aura around him but I don't know why I felt a strange attraction towards him.

I bid him goodbye and left for home.
____________________________________

After coming home, I played with Choco for some time and came into my room after feeding him and having dinner.

I was sitting in front of my canvas looking outside the window. The night is deep, the bright moon is completely out. Even the quiet footsteps of the people can be heard. The night's aroma pervades the air, woven into a soft net covering all the scenery inside. Everything that comes into contact with the eyes is covered with this soft net.

I devoted some time with my canvas and colors under the moonlight and went to bed, hoping for a peaceful sleep...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, here is Tara after 5 years...

What do you think about Tara?

Do tell me your views, I would love to hear that.😊

Hope you all liked this chapter.🤗

Please do vote and comment.💕

Love
-Ivy❤