CHAPTER-6

Published on- 09/02/22

TARAKSHA SHARMA

We reached after 20 mins.

There was no one.

It is well said that "Time wasted at the lake is time well spent."

We sat on the uneven, bumpy ground looking up to the stunning pink and purple sky that appeared too gorgeous to be real. The wind rushed through my hair. The scenery was as striking as paradise, and I couldn't help but soak in the colors of the different flowers around it. It was impossible to feel anything but tranquility in a place that covered itself in pure beauty.

I just closed my eyes feeling the blissful touch of winds on my face.

When I opened my eyes, I found Jojo smiling at me. I also smiled in return.

Today I will tell him how much  I love him seriously.

I know he promised me 3 years back that he will not find anyone else. But he never promised that he will not love someone else. Maybe he said all that just to please me.

So, first I have to know if he like someone else before confessing my feelings.

We were sitting looking at the lake with our hands on our knees.

"We're Best friends, right?" I asked

"Yes of course" he replied

"So be honest with me. Do you like someone?" I asked fingers crossed.

"No one. I love someone" he replied

And I felt the whole world collapsing upon me. Dark clouds seemed to constantly loom over my head. Tears welled up in my eyes.

I was at a loss for words.

No! I can't cry.

"Ohh! She must be very lucky" I said smiling not letting my tears come out.

"Definitely. I've loved her ever since I met her" he replied with so much admiration making my heart more paralyzed.

"Really? Well, since we are best friends, I wanna met her. For now, let's call her" I said trying to be enthusiastic.

At least one of us can be happy.

"Oh Okay" he replied taking out his phone.

"Wait hold on, I think I'm getting a call" I said taking out my phone from my purse.

Who is calling at this time?

"Jojo, why are you calling me?" I asked confused

"I love you" he replied

I stared at him in blank amazement. The shock robbed me of speech. I was just staring at him with wide eyes.

Suddenly, he starts laughing loudly.

My amazement changed into confusion.

"Look at your face Tara!" he said still laughing holding his stomach.

"I was joking" he said trying to control his laughter.

And my hopes collapsed just like a stack of cards.

No! No! you can't cry. Control yourself.

I just hit his shoulder smiling not showing my vulnerability. Only I knew about the storm inside my heart.

We were again sitting in silence...

"I don't know how to tell her I'm in love with her" he said after some time.