Devastation

"Nicholas,"

"Nicholas,"

King Father Matthias stood at the sight of his son.

He was furious.

Adelia went to stand, but King Father Matthias raised his hand to stop her.

"Nicholas, mince your words." He insisted.

Princess Adelia was fearful as a kitten. Nicholas could spook her if he spoke his mind.

"I have. You sit." Nicholas spat. "Adelia," He paused and motioned for her to come.

She stood and hurried to his arms. "Oh, Nicholas. I was so scared, I-but you, I have no fear that you will keep me." She pressed her cheek to his chest and held him tightly.

Nicholas held her tightly and kissed her forehead.

His affectionate ways surprised his parents and Lilac.

"I will." His heart was broken. His mind was torn. But it was for her safety. He promised to keep her. "I have to send you away, only for a moment, until I find the maker of the threat." Adelia's body stilled in his arms and she sobbed faintly. "Olivier Di Cristo was forged as the sender, but it was not their kingdom."

Adelia tightened her grip on Nicholas as she cried brokenly. "I-i won't leave you." She refused.

Queen Mother Catherine took Lilac's hand and squeezed it for support.

It was hard for Lilac to see her Glory that way.

"You know that this pains me to my soul to have you away from me, to not have you in my arms. I will not tolerate the thought of you believing a lie. I would end the world before letting you go, but it is needed. You will be safe in Aedishire, the threat will be handled, I will return the moment it is handled." Nicholas cradled her face and kissed her nose. "And we shall be wed that very moment,"

An idea came to mind.

And he spoke it.

"I will marry you now, my love. That we may be bound no matter where you are." Nicholas told her firmly and kissed her cheeks.

Adelia nodded as her heart lept. If she had to be away, this would comfort her.

"I will get the Priest, Catherine, inform Alexander. And I will have the Lady's maids gather Adelia and Lilac's things," King Father Matthias declared and left the room hastily.

Queen Mother Catherine eyed the pair and squeezed Lilac's hand. "Let us leave them," She whispered.

Lilac eyed the pair as well, the deeply in love pair. "Yes, let us." They stood and left the room.

Leaving Nicholas and Adelia alone.

"Speak, my love. Say what you will, just to appease the desire to hear from you." Nicholas pleaded, still strictly.