Altruistic

King Nicholas's presence in the training grounds sent fear to the hearts of the men of Aedishire

They trained with him before, but today was different.

It was an assessment. They had been in Poloska training for five days.

King Nicholas was ready to see where they were and what needed more attention.

With the attentive eye of Prince Alexander, the assessment would go well.

"You. Come forth." King Nicholas commanded a man.

Men were chosen at random for the assessment, and as the man came forth, he realized it was the haughty man from day one.

It was his hope that the man would have learned something about living for more than himself within five days.

The man stood with his head high, yet his legs tremored.

"Draw your weapon."

King Nicholas said strictly.

The man slowly removed his sword from his side.

Nicholas would go easy on him.

Surely.

Nicholas withdrew his sword and stepped back. "On your word." He said to the man.

Fear was palpable.

It irked Nicholas.

'They will learn.'

He knew the talk amongst the men. Amongst all people who opposed his valorous ways.

Did they understand that a kingdom divided would fall?

"Ready." The man said with false boldness and charged toward Nicholas.

Prince Alexander watched from his stand and noted the weakness of the man.

He was thankful that this was only a test. If it were real, the man would have been slaughtered without a second glance.

King Nicholas swiftly avoided the man's mindless action and defended himself impressively, gaining stares of awe from the men.

"Aha!" The man exclaimed and darted toward the King.

Prince Alexander clenched his jaw at the mess before his eyes.

The man was trying to prove something.

He was trying to hurt the King.

And King Nicholas was aware.

But he wouldn't punish the man. No.

Yet, still, the man charged for him again.

With much more force.

Prince Alexander closed his eyes not wanting to see the man be injured by his own carelessness.