Quietude

The settling peace within Adelia's heart and mind told her all she needed to know

It was never Poloska that gave her fear or left her anxious.

King Nicholas wasn't evil.

Poloska wasn't a Kingdom that thrived on being murderous.

Valor wasn't negative.

Battle wasn't negative.

The true issue lay within Adelia.

It lay within the lies she was told about Kingdoms that weren't peaceful.

It lay within the solitude that kept Adelia's mind wandering and rarely finding truth outside of the Word of God.

It lay within the lack of teaching about the purpose of battle. Judging all Kingdoms that didn't think the way of Aedishire.

"And might I admit, Jehovah Shalom, meaning no disrespect, the way my father handed me off to Poloska for a treaty. I was left unsettled with no truth of Poloskan ways, only the ones Nanny heard, the ones I forged in my mind," Adelia said as she kneeled before the Lord in the greenhouse.

It was not common for her to speak against her parent's actions, but she knew this was not a lie or slander against them.

Only the truth.

Truth spoken to the Lord of truth.

"Lest I admit, I do not know life, reality, outside of Your Word. Teach me, El Roi, I desire to know how to live outside of this greenhouse, my sanctified home in Aedishire. Show Your foolishly ignorant servant how to live without blinders of judgment,"

She only wanted to do better now.

No more eyeing people for being different.

Not when she was the only problem in Poloska. A Princess teaching refinement and God's Word, but within her heart, a cruel judge.

She would be that way no longer.

And though she'd repented times before, it would take more for her to be settled.

There was much more learning to do.

-

A gentle tug of the hand drew Adelia's attention away from Judith and Colin telling stories to the darling orphans.

Looking down, Adelia found Peter, a five-year-old orphan with the sweetest smile.

"Yes, dear?"

Peter pointed at the rocking chair and pointed at Adelia.

'Rocking chair, me,' She tried piecing his unspoken desire together.

The boy couldn't speak, and could yet understand sign language, so he spoke with motions.