Resurgence

"Glory, Glory, my darling, we have arrived at Poloska,"

Adelia's eyes opened to Nanny's beautiful face. She smiled. "Hi, Nanny," A yawn escaped her lips and she cuddled closer to Nanny's arm.

"Where are we?" Adelia asked as she looked outside of the window of the carriage.

She was a little out of it.

The ride was long, they took stops, yet, Adelia always found displeasure in carriage rides. They unsettled her.

So to keep from being weary, she rested.

Nanny laughed adoringly at the sweet Princess. "Poloska, Adelia, have you forgotten our reason for being in the carriage?" She pressed a gentle kiss to her temple. "Sweetheart, we shall greet the people of Poloska in a moment,"

Adelia closed her eyes and yawned once more.

'Poloska,'

Her eyes shot open and she looked out the window.

She was in Poloska.

It wasn't a dream.

"Oh my," She murmured. "Yes, ma'am. We shall greet the people," She faced Nanny and smiled. "How do I look?"

Nanny brushed a stray curl away from Adelia's forehead and kissed her nose. "Like a beautiful Princess,"

The carriage came to a halt and the door opened revealing the people of Poloska.

"Welcome to the strong and mighty land of Poloska, blessed by the Lord of Hosts and protected by His Mighty Hand!"

Adelia smiled gladly at the welcoming people.

She was surely surprised by their kindness.

'Be not hasty to judge, but to love.' She reminded herself and waved at the people with grace.

A Palace Guard outstretched his hand, which she took kindly. He helped her out of the carriage and another helped Nanny.

Their belongings were carried before them, with an escort leading them to the entrance of the Palace.

Adelia looked around wearing a smile as she met eyes with the Poloskan's.

"Blessings to the Princess of Aedishire! May your time in our land be a blessed time!"

Families smiled and waved at the Princess. Some young children jumped and screamed to catch the attention of the Princess.

"Princess! Princess!"

To Nanny, this was delightful. She enjoyed the praises of the people towards her dear child.

They could sense what she knew of her. Her beautiful heart and munificent love.

Adelia however, was spooked. She enjoyed the kindness, but she was only used to calmer welcomes.

Nothing she couldn't learn to acclimate to.