Zeal

"Adelia Anne-Marie Kingsburg,"

"Nicholas Matthias Edward Greggor."

"I like it," Adelia said softly with a gentle smile.

Nicholas raised his brow. "I don't," He paused and felt guilty for causing Adelia to worry. Her smile had fallen. "I will love hearing Adelia Anne-Marie Greggor."

Adelia's smile returned only bigger. "You worried me," She said falsely annoyed, and turned from him.

"I know, allow me to make it up to you."

She turned to face him with gladness. "How?"

Nicholas took her by the hand.

"Listen and agree, or disagree, but do listen." He started sternly, and she nodded. "My mother suggested a ball, in your honor, introducing Poloska to its future Queen. I am for it if you are for it. I oppose it if you oppose it." He explained.

His words settled the truth of their relationship for Adelia.

She would become the Queen of Poloska when they wed.

She was utterly whirlwinded. Astonished.

It was only almost two months ago when she feared the name of Poloska, feared the sight of the austere, yet notably handsome King, she was against it.

And now.

She had written to her family that night they agreed to court.

They were informed of the events that had taken place, she sought permission from her parents to eventually marry Nicholas, and spoke of possibly not returning to stay in Aedishire, but to visit and present Nicholas as hers.

It was foolish, but Adelia hoped they would finally write back.

Three days passed.

"Tell me what is troubling you, my Princess. You are upset, close to tears," Nicholas lessened his anger growing for whatever troubled Adelia as he questioned her. It was the first time he'd seen her upset, she was afraid many times, but never upset.

"I should tell you, for secrets or harboring negative feelings will never allow us to prosper," Adelia wanted Nicholas to know everything. "From the day I arrived, to now, the only letter I have received from my family was the letter sent to alert me of my departure."

Nicholas stretched his fists to keep from allowing his anger to overcome him.

'Not now.'

"And I was only thinking, hoping to receive a response to the news." She sighed. "Though, I have knowledge enough to know I won't receive an answer. And it makes me think to resent them for it, but even now I forgive them. I have my Mama with me, she has sent word to her husband, Dr. Kimmelston, so it is delightful."

She was satisfied with the people around her.

She adored Nicholas.

It was okay.