Felicity

"White lace, my child? Be careful, please, Glory

"White lace, my child? Be careful, please, Glory." Lilac murmured as she dusted invisible dirt off Adelia, just to keep her a while longer.

Adelia hummed and eyed herself in the vanity mirror.

She was beautiful.

Excited as well.

Bubbling with joy and excitement.

A little bit of anxiety was present, not much, but enough to be acknowledged.

"I will enjoy myself, Mama. For one afternoon, I will not worry, only enjoy myself with King Nicholas."

Adelia giggled at her words.

This would be the first time she ever spent time with a man.

"I pray that you will. He is good for you. You are good for him." Lilac kissed Adelia's cheek gently and shook her head. "My precious young woman, enjoy your time. Take delight in having the affection and devotion of a man like the King,"

Adelia smiled and leaned into her embrace. "I love you, Mama. I will do as you've said," She left her arms and walked away from the vanity.

"I must go, Mama. I won't keep him waiting," She hurried beside her and kissed her cheek. "I will tell you everything,"

It was as if she were floating on a cloud.

After reading his letter twice, Adelia allowed the feelings to settle.

She was nervous, his attention would be on her, she was still partially afraid of him

'Oh, Abba, I ask that You ease my nerves. I only want to enjoy myself and understand this, I am willing to do as You lead.'

Adelia prayed silently and hurried down the hall to meet King Nicholas.

King Nicholas stood with his hands behind his back.

He was austere in appearance, but within, he was glad.

Princess Adelia encaptured his heart and mind without his knowledge, but he had no issue with it.

If their afternoon went well, if the Princess enjoyed him, he wou-

The swish of a gown tore Nicholas away from thinking and onto the beautiful Princess before him.

"Beautiful," He stated while holding her hesitant stare.

He bowed before her and motioned to the guard who would be with them.

"Princess Adelia, this is Eustice."

Eustice bowed at the Princess but kept his distance as he was earlier instructed by the King.

Adelia curtsied before the King and Eustice. "It is good to meet you, Eustice. Thank you for doing this," She said sincerely.

Eustice's cheeks rose and he cleared his throat. "You are most welcome." He said hurriedly.