Disquietude

"Whom?"

"Whom?"

"Princess Adelia. She has been found before the eyes of the Prince to be the definition of refined, gracious, and generous teacher. The observation is keen before my eyes."

It irked his wits to speak such words in agreement.

Lest, it was truth. He found no ground to deny the claims.

Only his displeasure with the proper swindle.

"I-i have heard your words, King Nicholas. Tis quite a surprise, if I may, why have the treaty's ordinance's changed?"

Duke Anthony found his mouth dry at the news.

The King of Poloska added to their treaty. A proposal of Princess Adelia leaving Aedishire with the King and Prince to cater to their youth, teaching them the foundation of a morally good person.

He wanted to shout no. Adelia was his. Adelia was not up for grabs.

Yet, if he wanted his men to learn battle under the greatest Warrior, he would have to allow Adelia to go for two months.

"To aid both Kingdoms in this treaty, Duke Anthony. Do you find faulty motives in this suggestion? Has not the Princess given herself to the Lord for such things?"

King Nicholas found the Princess to be the perfect candidate, only after Prince Alexander explained further.

The youth of Poloska needed her.

Lest, he kept such truth to himself.

"I have not, King. My daughter has done as you say." Duke Anthony kept his grave feelings inside. Departing from Adelia brought terror to his heart. "I shall tell her of this. Only, I ask that proper rules of protection be bestowed upon her." He would have no danger near his Glory.

"If even but a murmur of war, threats, distress, or any of that matter may come to the ears of Poloska, my Adelia must be delivered home within the day. Safely and sound, with no clue of the danger."

King Nicholas found this escape clause to be fair. "You have my word as a slave to the Lord of Hosts, and as King of Poloska. Princess Adelia will be protected." He gave his word.

He always kept his word.

"It shall be as you have said, King Nicholas. Excuse me to give this news," Duke Anthony bowed before the King and left the room feeling heavy.

Adelia would be devastated.

-

"Adonai, hear Your servant's heart. Lead me always to You, may my life be sweet incense to You, oh Lord. You alone are Worthy, allow my life to please You, to be a delight, Abba." Adelia prayed with bowed head and heart before the Lord.

Prayer had been her speech since the night before.

She was in deep distress, yet, only a moment before the Lord eased her heart.