Chapter 22

Trigger warning - talk of blood.

Harry Styles.
October 28th, 2021.

Blood is everywhere.

I had to scrub my skin to get her blood off of me. My clothes had blood on them as well, I didn't have anything to change into so the hospital kindly gave me scrubs for the meantime.

Who would do this?

"Anna...I need you to open your eyes, okay." I hold her head up, her eyes keep rolling back.

Waiting to hear if a loved one is going to be okay will forever be the worst feeling in the world. They had to do surgery. Apparently when she got stabbed it hit her spleen and they needed to go in and close it.

Google doesn't help the nerves either, but it did explain why she was bleeding so badly and why she got extremely lightheaded so fast.

It's been three hours since I last saw her, no one has been out to tell me anything. I had to call her mum and that was hard. Having to explain to her that her daughter has been stabbed and I can't get any updates on her. She's on a flight here now, I hated having to tell her that and then she would be the one to break it to Anna's family.

"Hey, here." Jeff held out a cup of coffee. I gave him a tight-lipped smile as I took it from him.

He sits down next to me. "Still nothing?" We both take sips.

"No, nothing." I shake my head. I can't imagine my life without her, I need her just to be able to breathe.

I need her to be okay.

Hour later

I stared out the big window in her room, it started raining a little bit ago.

The door opens. "Oh! Mr. Styles, I'm sorry I wasn't expecting you." A nurse said. She opened the door as far as it would go. I stayed back, not wanting to get in the way of them. She has a clear tube in her nose to help her breath.

They start adding and connecting wires to her chest which made the screen next her the bed start beeping. The three nurses share information about what they're seeing on the screen, one writes it down on Anna's chart, while another one looks over to me.

"I'm guessing you're the husband?" She asked. "She had a ring on her finger— I don't mean to overstep." She added.

I stared at Anna. It should be me in that bed, not her. "Yes, she is my wife." I smile even though I know it's not true.

They finish with adding things to her and stop writing down things.

"Here is her jewelry and shoes. We had to cut her clothing." Another nurse gave me a white plastic bag and a much smaller baggie with all of her jewelry inside of it.

I quickly take them. " Thank you." I hold the bag down by my leg.

"The doctor will be in, once she wakes up. Just press the button when she does." The first nurse explained.

I nod my head. I clear my throat before asking. "When will that be? For when she wakes up?"

The nurse who asked if Anna is my wife, speaks up and says. "Well, it's a waiting game with everyone. No one is the same when coming out of surgery. I know it's a scary game but if anything were to happen before she wakes up, we're here to help her."

Something could happen before she wakes up?

The other two nurses leave the room. I sat down the white bag in the hair next to the window before walking up to her bed. I don't understand...who would do this? I very carefully place my hand on top of hers.