Chapter 6

“Adam ale is water!” Kali exclaimed.
“What do you think you're doing?!” The king boomed from across the square. He charged forward and reached out his claw to grab Samira.
“Father! Help me!” She cried as she weakly reached out for his claw. Kali turned into a puddle and sucked her in. When he emerged, the king roared and flung his tail at him. Genesis ran forward and pulled Kali away, barely touching the dragon's tail. Andy let her tentacles out, and they grabbed him by the leg. Genesis lunged forward, but tripped over her own feet.
¨Oh no! The potion is wearing off!¨ Zita yelled as she jumped down the stairs. The mushroom on Genesis’s head grew loose and fell off. She looked down and grabbed her old head piece and looked at the king. She threw it at his head, and he turned around.  The king stared at her transformation and cocked his head.
“It’s a potion, fool!” Andy cried as she threw Nova at him. Nova squealed as he landed on top of the King’s head and he bit his scales, peeling some off. Zita made it down the stairs and kneeled in front of Genesis.
“Are you alright? The potion wore off, so you're no longer a rainbow runner.” She explained as she helped her up.
“Thank the lord.” Genesis exhaled as she looked at Nova, tearing away at the King.
“Do we have a plan? I'm really confused as to what's going on.” she asked.
“Long story short, Samira is our daughter, she is now a ghost. I think she might have convinced Laredo to exile everyone without gaining suspicion from the monsters of town. She hates everyone, except Laredo, and she’s using him to get rid of us all.” Zita quickly explained.
“I am assuming Laredo is the king.” Genesis thought.  The King managed to grab Nova, and he threw him at Zhen, getting the poor rabbit stuck in the slime. David spotted Rico and Trenton running towards them from the village entrance, holding pieces of wood in their paws. Rico handed a piece to Zita, Genesis, David, Andy, and Zhen, and faced the king.
“Hey tyrant! Remember me?!” He yowled as he pointed his wooden weapon at him. The king turned away from Genesis and Zita and growled at him.
“You. You were supposed to protect her. Why would you do the exact opposite?” He demanded.
“I think you know why.” Rico hissed.
“There's a reason? I thought it was an accident?” Genesis asked Zita, who shook her head.
¨So did I. I was exiled before Samira died.¨ She responded.
Rico covered his mouth, realizing he gave away his biggest secret. The monsters around them, watching the fight, and his friends gasped. Ricos tail swished and ripped his hand away from his snout.
¨Yeah. I killed your daughter on purpose.¨ He hissed.
¨But he wasn't alone!¨ Trenton joined in. ¨It was planned. Every. Single. Monster in the royal guard wanted her gone. We tried to tell you, we tried to tell everyone.¨
¨That Samira was the spawn of the devil.¨ Rico finished. The monster King roared, making everyone cover their ears.
¨YOU LIE. HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THAT?¨ He thundered.
¨Simple. That future seeing monster you exiled told us before he left. He told us that Samira was no good and too dangerous to keep alive. He told us that someday she will bring this whole kingdom down, and wipe out our species. We tried to tell you, but you were blinded by your love for her.¨ Rico explained coldly.
¨Yeah, we couldn't just sit around and wait for our death. Killing her would give us all a chance to survive.¨ Trenton added.
¨But instead, she fooled us. She came back with a stupid disguise. Hilda, the stuttering and weak messenger. We know what you feel, cause y'know, you're her father. But you're also our king.¨ Rico mewed. Zita approached the King and held his big claw.
¨Laredo, I loved her too. But I think we need to let her go. She'll suffer more if we let her continue destroying what we built. What our ancestors built. She’s suffering with all this hate flooding her body. She wasn't made for such negative emotions.” She reasoned. The King breathed in shakily and looked at Kali.
“Let me see her.” He whispered. Zita nodded at Kali, and he went to fetch her. She thrashed and screamed when she came out, and she flew towards her father.
“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” she cried, “THEY'RE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU! GET THEM!” She shook his shoulder and peered over at Zita, releasing a growl and a thrash of her tail.