Chapter 6

“Where did Rico go? Why isn’t he back?” Andy asked as they reached the fountain in front of the palace. Genesis hopped off of Zita and looked back.
“He didn't follow us. He stayed to fight off Samira so we could get here safely.” she explained. Zita slowly walked up the stairs of the palace. Several guards stared at her, but did not dare to move. They looked at each other, and then back at the ex-queen.
“Zita, what are you doing?” Andy yelled from the bottom of the stairs
“Taking back what’s ours.” She replied coldly as she reached the doors.

“Just DIE ALREADY.” Samira boomed.
“How is the barrel touching me?! Those stupid little…” Samira froze. She looked at the entrance of the village and smiled. Her smile formed into a giggle, and her giggle turned into a laugh.
“How sneaky. They are distracting me from getting to their friends.” She bolted down the path the exiles left, leaving them behind.
“No, no, no!” Rico yowled.
“What are you standing around for?! Move it, fur-brain!” Trenton hissed. The two hybrids took off after Samira.
“They're tearing apart all my hard work! It's not fair! If I can't get them to listen, Father surely can!” She planned. She raced through the villages and spotted her prey in front of the fountain. Nova, Kali, and the mushroom men spotted her and cut her off before she could reach them.
“Don't you dare!” Nova warned. David and Andy backed up to the fountain, and Genesis joined Nova.
“We have to beat her somehow! Or at least keep her occupied until Zita comes back. Her only weakness is Adam’s ale, but I don't know what that is.” Genesis thought.
Samira growled, making the bystanding monsters flee. The guards in front of the palace aimed their spears at Samira, waiting for her to make a move.
“Genesis, how do we beat ghost girl?” Kali asked desperately.
“I-I don't know. Those butterflies said to use Adam’s ale, but what is Adam’s ale?” Genesis whispered so Samira wouldn't hear their plans. Kali gasped and jumped behind the mushroom men. Samira watched him walk towards the fountain and jump in. He turned into a puddle and emerged out.
“Throw Kali at ghost.” He instructed David. David picked him up and aimed at Samira.
“You are all so unbelievably stupid. He’ll just go right through me, but you can try.” She laughed loudly.
“Throw. Kali.” Kali said once again.

Zita pounded the palace door with her hooves. The golden doors opened, and a little ghoul met her at the door.
“Purpose of visit?” He asked. He looked up at her face and gasped. He threw himself on the ground and whimpered.
“Y-your majesty! I apologize!” He cowered. Zita walked past the little ghoul. She approached a big golden curtain that covered the rest of the room. Zita ripped it to the side, and loudly stomped in. She saw a big black curtain fold around in a box-like shape, hiding something inside.
“Laredo, you cant hide from me.” She growled. She heard a sigh, and then a deep voice.
“You can't be here, Zita. You of all people should know the rules. You were exiled.” Said the voice in the curtain. Zita approached the curtain and tore it away.
“Not even a hello? You just hide yourself away from your subjects? Is it because you can't see the pain or the sadness in their eyes?” She scolded as she revealed a big and tall dragon-born. His scales were a mix of purple and a deep blue, and he wore a similar robe to Samira. It was a dark grey, and his long scaly tail stuck out at the bottom. The back of the robe had holes cut out so his large wings could fit through. A wilted and dead flower crown rested on his head.
“You are wrong. I do it because I am superior to them, and they do not deserve to gaze upon me.” He fumed. Zita sighed and trotted closer to him. She gently placed her small hand on top of his large claw.
“Laredo, you know that’s not true. What happened to you? You loved your subjects. You loved what they could do. The old you would have given them different roles, different chances, instead of exiling them without rhyme or reason.” Zita reasoned. The king looked down at his queen and back at the golden curtains.
“You shouldn't be here. It’s not safe for you, or anyone. She’s gonna-” He was cut off by a piercing screech and the heavy sounds of footsteps. He gasped as he opened his wings and left Zita in the palace. He landed outside the doors with a thud and searched for the one responsible for the sound. Kali was on top of Samira as she was screaming and rolling on the floor. They were both drenched, and the rest of the exiles cupped water in their hands, getting ready to throw it at her if she moved.