Chapter 5

¨Genesis, over h-here!¨ Hilda pointed to a small hut that was hidden behind the bigger huts. It was at the edge of the village that couldn't be noticed unless you were looking for it. Its base was a large rectangular shape made of stone, and the top was flat with straw and mud covering the top. Genesis walked past the bigger huts and examined the dwarf one standing alone.
¨What did you find?¨ Genesis asked as she walked around it, examining the sides.
¨Its Nova! He l-looks so s-scared. He is i-inside, under a-a weird t-table.¨ Hilda flew inside. Genesis quickly followed her in. As soon as she stepped inside, the wooden door shut, blocking off all light from outside.
¨Nova? Hilda? Are you two alright? Hilda, do you think you can turn on your glow?¨ Genesis asked as she waved her hands in front of her and walked around blindly. She felt a burning sting wrap around her legs, and raise her into the air.
“What is going on?!” She yelped. She dangled and lashed in the air.
¨Hilda! Hilda! Help me!¨ She kicked her legs and swung back and forth. She looked around and let her eyes adjust to the dark. Everything seemed green and more visible to her. She looked up and saw her trusted friend carrying the rope up to the ceiling. Hilda hooked the rope on a loose wooden board, and hovered back to the door.
¨Wait, Hilda, what are you doing? Why would you do this? We're friends!¨ She called after her.
¨No we are not. I'm supposed  to keep you scum on earth where you belong. All you had to do was stay on that trashy planet, but instead you messed things up.¨ She grew bigger and her face was no longer a plain white surface. She was as short as Andy, and her head was replaced by dragon head, and antlers in the place of her horns. She wore a long sleeve dress robe, and she had the feet of a deer, and the hands of a dragon. Not a speck of color was on her. She was plain white, and her eyes wandered over to the door.
¨I'll be back, so don't you dare move. I've got a herd of exiles to kill.¨ She spat.
¨Why not kill me now? Why would you just leave me?¨ Genesis whispered.
¨Because I want you to watch.¨ She turned around and vanished into the air.  Genesis felt her cold presence vanish, and she was left along, swinging.

¨Look! I can see the edge of the field!¨ Andy cheered. She ran back to David and grabbed hold of his arm. She pulled him towards the edge, and the bunnies followed behind.
¨I'm going, don't break my arm.¨ He laughed. Beyond the field was a big, busy, shopping square.
¨Oh! This is the big meetup place in the middle of the villages and the castle. That must mean the castle would be three villages up!¨
¨We have to find everyone before we go there.¨ David took Andy’s little hand and entered the square. A monster with hands for feet and a glowing eyeball stared at Nova and Valentine as they hopped beside them. A furry paw tapped Andy on the shoulder and she turned around. A big black cat leaned over her and smiled.
“Hello.” She said politely. A grey slug stood next to him and burst out laughing.
“She doesnt know it's us, fur brain!” he laughed.
“Its us, Andy. Its Rico! We colored ourselves black to blend in.” Rico explained. Andy threw herself at Rico and wrapped her small arms around his waist. Zita looked around and back at David.
“Where is Genesis and Hilda?” She asked.
“They're not with you?” He raised his eyebrow.
“No. What shall we do?” She pressed her hand to her forehead.
“I'll sniff her out.” Rico suggested.
“But she’s no longer human.”
“But she was made from our fur.” Rico smelled the air, and walked away from the square. He led everyone through the squares entrance and through the forest.
“They're making things easier for me. Walking right towards my trap. Rico, you stupid bloody cat. I hope you suffer the worst. I'll do as you've done to me, you scum.” Hilda hid behind a tree and watched the band of exiles travel towards the bridge. Nova started to pick up the scent of Genesis and followed Rico through the village.
“Rico! She could be in this village. Her smell is getting stronger.” He informed Rico.
“Let’s split up, half of us would search the left side of this village, and the other half search the right side.” Zita planned. Andy, Zhen, and David followed Rico, and Zita, Valentine, Kali, and the mushroom men followed Nova.
“Look around on the floor and in the air. Hilda can fly, and Genesis is small.” David said as he revived several stares from other monsters.
“You think they know i'm human?” He whispered to Rico.
“Nah. Andy looks like one, but they don't question her. They probably think you moved here.” Rico assured him. Suddenly, Rico snapped his head towards one of the huts.