Chapter 4

“Are you doing that on purpose?” David asked slowly.
“NO WHAT AM I DOING?” Genesis screeched.
“Well… you uh… you shrunk.” David scratched his neck. Genesis picked herself up from the floor and looked up at David.
“Well, you used to be the size of mr. cat man, but now you're up to my knees.” David laughed.
“It’s not funny!” Genesis stomped her small foot. David continued to walk back to the parking lot, with Genesis struggling to keep up behind him. He stopped, turned around, and picked her up by the scruff of her neck and carried her back to the car.
“This is embarrassing.” She grunted as she climbed up on the dashboard. David started the car and followed Genesis’s direction to her house.
“Hey. I'm sorry.” David said gently. “For, y’know. Assuming the reasons why you’re helping the monsters.” Genesis turned towards him and nodded.
“Its ok. I can be rude sometimes. I get so annoyed very easily.” Genesis responded. As the car traveled to the gate, they both heard a scraping noise coming from behind the car. Genesis hopped to the back and looked through the window.
¨What's going on back there?¨ David yelled.
¨The kid is a monster too!¨ The small boy with the ball chucked it at the car again. Instead of his regular ball, it grew spikes and the boy was pure gold, just like a statue. He laughed as he threw that ball again.
¨You lied to me, bunny! You have no eggs!¨ Genesis ducked as he threw the ball through the rear window. The ball shattered the glass, and David pressed on the gas.
¨What took you so long?!¨ Genesis flung the glass out the window and tossed the ball out too.
¨I'm not sure. I guess the gate was jammed, so it did not open quickly.
Genesis threw herself onto the passenger seat and exhaled loudly.

¨ We're back!” David called as he opened the door.
¨Excellent work!  And where is Genesis?¨ Zita asked. David handed her the flags and stepped aside. Zita was met with little Genesis as she climbed up the steps to the door. 
¨Not a word.¨ She threatened. Zita nodded and examined the flags.
¨What are them flags for?” Rico asked as he appeared behind Zita. Zita trotted over to the dining table where Amber was typing on a laptop, and with a rainbow runner sprawled across her lap.
¨Amber? Would you happen to have a needle and thread I may use?¨ She asked.
¨Yeah. You see that bookshelf over there by the front door? Under the shelves is a cabinet. You’ll see a blue tin container with my sewing stuff.” Amber answered as she squinted at her screen. Andy dived down the stairs and landed next to Rico’s foot.
“What are we doing now? I'm really bored, and Hilda is stuck in Zhen again.” She yawned as she pointed to the top stair, where Hilda violently squirmed inside Zhen.
“I'm not sure. Can you get everyone? I think this is important.” Rico instructed. Andy nodded, got up, and went to fetch her fellow exiles. Zita placed both flags on the floor, with the matching flower corners facing each other in a vertical manner. She prepped the needle, and pushed it through the fabric. After a few minutes, Andy had collected everyone, and they watched Zita sew. When she finished, she held up the two flags that were now one. The flags began to glow, and the stitching disappeared. Then, it changed to purple, with an upside down triangle of flowers in the middle. Zita laughed and cheerfully jumped up and down.
“It worked! Now get ready for some magic. We're going home!” She cried. The monsters all waited for something to happen, but the flag remained the same.
Andy groaned. Zita flipped over the flag.
“I-I dont know whats going on. It should have worked. I don't know why it didn't work.” She whispered.  Zzzzzzzz. CRACK!
The lights went out and the flag exploded with green smoke, swallowing everything in the room.
“What are you guys up to now?” Amber froze as her book room was covered with a green substance, “Where did everyone go?”