Chapter 1

As she arrived home, she took out the pink flag and hung it in front of her house. When she came inside, she emailed photos of the books to a few coworkers and friends, hoping they would know what language the book is in. She then set down the books on her kitchen counter.  Afterwards, she finished up some of her work, ate dinner, and prepared for bed. As soon as she laid down, she heard a strange thump in the hallway. Brushing it off, she tossed to the other said; but she heard it again. Genesis quickly reached under her bed and pulled out a tennis racket. She slowly made her way down the hall, tennis racket at the ready, and searched around her house.
"I have a tennis racket. I know how and where to hit you, too." she warned. After a few moments, she sprinted down the hall, into the bedroom, and locked the door. She layed back down on her bed, but did not put the racket away. When the morning came, she searched her house once again. Everything seemed fine, but shivers went down her back like waves. As she got dressed for the day, she heard a loud crash in her kitchen. She stifled her scream and aggressively dug around through her bag looking for her phone.
"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon! Where is it? Oh. oh no." She remembered that she had left her phone on the kitchen counter. She grabbed the tennis racket and ran out of her bedroom.
"Get out of my ho-!" She stopped as she reached the kitchen and saw three figures. The first figure was about the size of a bowling ball and hovered around through the air. It had two round black eyes and a small grey mouth. The second figure seemed like an oversized slug. It was pink and it was the size of a bike. The last figure was the tallest. It was even taller than her ceiling and it had to hunch over to fit in the house. It had the head and legs of a siamese cat, the chest, and torso of a human. From his shoulders down, they were regular cat arms. Around its neck was a thick, silver colored choker that was holding onto a green clover.
"Oops. Hilda, you told us she wasn't home!" The slug-like being cried.
"I-I didn't k-know, I s-searched every r-room! B-but one door was l-locked! The hovering bowling ball, Hilda, stuttered and hid in the kitchen cabinet. The tall cat-human hybrid flicked his tail and rolled his eyes. Genesis's body seemed to move for itself, and it darted out the door and onto her front yard. Before she could make her escape, A tall, blackhooded creature, with no visible face, reached out to grab her. Genesis looked at the tall creature and she couldve swore she could see a smile hiding in the darkness of the hood. Before the creature could lay its hand on her, the slug and the cat hybrid had come to her aid. The slug pulled Genesis back, and the cat hybrid launched itself onto the hood creature. The slug helped Genesis back into the house and they watched The cat-hybrid from the window.
"Shouldn't we h-help him, Z-Zhen?" the hovering bowling ball asked, emerging from the cabinet. "Are you kidding? Rico can take out 10 of those guys with his eyes closed and his hands tied behind his back!" The slug responded.
“I-its not Rico im w-worried about.” the ball responded.
Genesis believed him; the cat hybrid did a colossal amount of damage in just under three minutes. After the hooded creature had fallen, the cat hybrid made a claw marking on the front door, and entered when the slug unlocked the door. "Why did you scratch my door?!" Genesis yelled as she examined the scratch. "I was simply marking this house as my territory. Y'know, so the other exiles dont come in?"
"Exiles? What exiles? And this is my house, not your territory!"
"Did you not read those books on the-, of course you didn't. You know nothing of our language. Allow me to explain, I will explain it in simpler terms so you may understand. We are monsters." "How come I can see you now, but I couldn't before? Oooooh, I understand! Im still dreaming. That or im going insane." Genesis interrupted, while picking up her phone from the counter. She tapped, and the monsters watched with great astonishment, curious about the glowing rectangle. She held the phone up to her ear and waited a few seconds.
"Hello, this is Genesis Shall. Yes. I am calling to request a sick day. Yes? Oh, is that right. Ok then, thank you. Im sorry? Yes, I will contact my client afterwards. Thank you." The monsters snatched the phone away and tapped aggressively, hoping they could understand how the device works. Genesis swatted them away, but her hand got stuck in the slug monster. "Please let go, slug. I have to take care of something before the cat hybrid finishes explaining his story and my sanity disappears." The cat hybrid gave an unamused look to the bowling ball and the slug.