Chapter 4

“What? How would I even do that? How would we even get back to your home? Are you insane? Even if I did go, how would I go undetected from the monster people?” Genesis sat back up and stared Zita down.
¨Go back home, get the books your grandmother gave you, and bring them here. I will continue to explain when you return.¨ Zita whispered. Genesis rose from the coach and walked towards Amber. She turned around, ladle in hand, and cocked her head.
¨Darling? What do you need?¨
¨I'm going back to my house for a bit. Just to pick something up. Can you actually keep an eye on them this time?¨
¨Cross my heart, little dear.¨
¨I'm only 5 years younger than you.¨ Genesis grunted.

¨Your majesty! Please! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to, I swear! It was an accident.¨ A purple furry overgrown ball with big beady eyes rolled and struggled in the arms of a royal guard. He opened his mouth to reveal hundreds of rows of sharp teeth and bit the monster's arms. He yelped and the purple monster sprinted for the palace doors.
¨Look! Your majesty, I'm fixing it! Please, let me stay!¨ It begged as it picked up a silver vase, with two of its handles chipped off. It picked up the broken handles and jammed it into the sides of the vase. The vase shattered from the force, and the monster dropped the handles. The guard picked up the purple being and dragged it back in front of the Monster King. The King sat on a golden throne, with a black curtain blocking the view of his body. Only his long grey feet, with talons sticking out of them were visible.
¨Tell me, how exactly will you fix it? You can't. Let me tell you something. That was a gift, a handmade gift by someone more important than your pathetic life. In other words, you are not that person so you can't fix it. You can't replace it. However, you can be replaced. I hereby exile you from this land.¨
¨Where is his chosen destination, your greatness?¨ The guard asked.
¨Earth.” He growled. The purple soon to be exiled, squealed and screamed.
¨No! Please! Please! I have a family here! A life! A role!¨
¨Not anymore.¨ The guard huffed as he dragged the poor monster away. The King sighed as he stared into the curtain that blocked him from his subjects. That blocked his subjects from him. A cold burst of wind circled around him and whispered:
¨Do it for me. Avenge me, and do it for me.¨ The king nodded his head and rubbed his head.
¨Yes, my princess. I'll do it for you. I'll do anything for you, Samira.¨ The wind laughed and escaped the palace, leaving the king alone.

¨Where Genesis go?¨ Kali asked Zita, who was still resting on the couch. Zita patted the cushion next to her, and Kali sat too.
¨She had to go pick something up from her house.¨
¨Oh. Make sense. How long be gone for?¨
¨I'm not sure. Why don't we talk until she comes back?¨
¨Ok. What talk about?¨
¨Uhm… how about this place? Do you like it? Do you enjoy the other exiles?¨
¨Much! Big house safe! Big house warm! Earth better than monster place!¨ Kali cheered.
¨I think so too. I always believed the lies the King told us about Earth. It's so beautiful, and there are so many things to enjoy.¨
¨All Kali’s friends here! Kali happy!”
“Yes, we are very fortunate to live here. I am very grateful to    Amber for sharing her home. I am especially grateful to Genesis for not abandoning us in the cemetery. We owe her many thanks.”
Hilda hovered up from behind the couch and joined her friends.
“W-what are you t-two doing? M-may I join y-you?” she said.
“We’d be delighted for you to join us. We were talking about how lucky we are to live here, and how kind Genesis has been.” Zita explained.
“O-oh. Hehe. When I-I first met h-her, she t-tried to a-attack us with s-some sort of n-net stick t-thingy.” Hilda giggled.  Zita laughed out loud and fell off the couch.
“I'm so sorry! But that doesn't sound like her! She's so kind and nice.” Zita smiled as she picked herself up from the floor.
“W-well, she used t-to be a l-little strict. S-she even s-stabbed Rico in h-his side.”
“Wasn't that to protect Andy?”
“O-oh yeah. I-I guess I w-wasnt paying a-attention.”
The three monsters laughed together in unison when suddenly, David dived over the back side of the couch and next to Kali. Zita looked back to see Andy restraining a wild Amber, who was slashing around her ladle like a sword.
“GET BACK HERE AND TELL ME THAT AGAIN, IF YOU’RE MAN ENOUGH TO FACE ME!” She shouted. Zhen snatched the ladle from her and threw it up the stairs, and Rico chased it up. The rainbow runners bolted under the dining table, and the mushrooms circled around her.
“I didn't mean it like that! I meant it looked shiny like plastic!” David hid behind Kali.
“MY MAKEUP IS PERFECTLY FINE, GOSH DARN IT.” Amber shook off Andy and dived over the couch, forcing David to the ground. Amber reached into her back pocket and pulled out a small black case, with a silver streak running around it.
“JUSTICE. WILL. PREVAIL.” She cried as she opened the case. She pulled out a small, grey makeup brush and swept it across the pink and pale powder inside the case. David tried to push her off, but Zita and Kali held his arms down.
“Wait a minute! Monsters, why? I didn’t do anything!” He begged.
“Y-you tried t-to shoot m-me!” Hilda responded.
“Because I didn't understand what you w-” Amber’s brush ran across his cheeks, making them a light shade of pink. She placed the brush back in, and pulled out another case. She popped it open, and pulled out a purple, glittery lipstick. She pressed it down on David’s bottom lip. A hand appeared and lifted Amber’s hand. Amber looked up, and saw Genesis. She held tightly onto Amber’s wrist and stared down on her.
“I'm not in the mood for any more chaos today. Zita.” Genesis said sternly. She let go of Amber, and handed Zita four books. Zita let go of David and took the books. Kali let go as well, and Amber got off of David.