Chapter 3

¨ANDY, NO!” Amber yelled as Andy scooped up Nova and another rainbow rabbit and held them over a boiling pot of water placed on the stove. 

¨They're not food! Put them down!¨ Amber yelled once again. Andy set the rabbits down and cocked her head.

¨I thought you said it was rabbit soup?¨ Andy asked.

¨It is. It's just not rainbow monster rabbit soup. I'm using an earth rabbit.¨

¨Oh. I did not know. Why not use the rabbits we have here?¨

¨Genesis would be angry, and the ones i'm using are already cut up into pieces. We don't know what the monster rabbits are infected with anyway. Please apolo-¨ Amber was cut off by the loud cry of the mushrooms. They charged and headbutted Andy's legs. 

¨How dare you resort to cannibalism! Shame on you! For shame! For shame!¨ Andy let out her tentacles and picked them up by their feet. She walked over to a glass door that led to the backyard and tossed them outside. 

¨How annoying.¨ she sighed. Zita trotted over to the door and peeked outside. She studied the sun gently shining on the moist green grass, and warming up the wooden swing tied to a hunched over tree. She then sighed at the sight of the mushroom men jumping up and down, demanding to be let in. Zitas little tail wagged back and forth and she walked over to Amber. 

¨Can I please go outside too?” She asked.

¨Um, sure. In fact, bring everyone with you, but stay in my yard.¨ Amber threw salt into the pot. Zita cheered and ran up the stairs. She grabbed Zhen and Kali from the bathroom, led them downstairs, and she scooped up the rainbow runners with her horns and ran outside. Valentine screeched and ran after Andy for trying to cook his friends, the mushroom men surrounded and shouted at Kali, and  Zhen pushed the swing but kept getting it stuck in his stomach. Nova and the two remaining rainbow runners weaved flower crowns and placed them over Zitas horns. Amber sighed and rubbed her head. 

¨How long did Genesis put up with these monsters?¨  

¨Right this way, Miss Shall. Mr. Byun is waiting in the last visitor room to the left.¨ An officer escorted Genesis down a white, bright hall, unaware of the monsters quickly following behind him. He pulled out a key and unlocked a door that had a sign that read ¨Visitor room 87¨. As he opened the door, another officer walked out of the room. 

¨I dont think hes in a talkative mood.¨ the second officer joked. Genesis walked into the room and the door shut behind her. David's head was down on the table, and his red dyed hair barely touched the table. His orange prison shirt was long sleeved, but they were rolled up, just like his pants. Genesis cleared her throat, and Rico trotted over. Alarmed, David looked up, revealing a bruise on his left eye and wide brown eyes. Rico slammed his paw onto David’s mouth and pinned it there. David struggled against the monster's strength, but with his hands cuffed down, there wasn't much he could do.

“Hello David. How are you today? I'm going to have you read a few things for me, just so I can gather evidence for your case.” Genesis pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to Hilda. She then set down a children's book in front of David. 

Hilda hovered down onto the table and looked at the paper.

“O-ok, Mr. I know y-you remember m-me. You tried t-to shoot m-me. You see G-Genesis? She can s-see me too. I-im going to r-read some q-questions so you b-better answer h-honestly.” Hilda ordered. Rico slowly removed his paw, and Hilda looked back down.

“S-so, how can y-you see us?” She asked. David paused for a moment, and then spoke.

“I really don't know. How can you see them, Shall?¨ He asked. Genesis grabbed the paper from Hilda and while scribbling something down, she responded

¨Very good, Mr. David. Please continue.¨ Hilda read the paper and spoke again.

¨I-I can see them b-because of an o-object I got f-from a family m-member. Its a f-flag that I h-hung in front of my house.¨  David's head snapped up and he stared into Genesis’s eyes. She felt a warm bead of sweat roll down her neck as silence kidnapped the sound. Rico sensed Genesis’s uncomfortableness and smacked David in the back of the head. 

“Respond. Now.” He hissed.

“Right, um. I think that's how I can see them too then. I also have a flag. My flag is blue, and it has a bunch of multicolored flowers in one of the corners.” 

“G-Genesis has a p-pink one with f-flowers too!” Hilda said.

Rico leaned over from behind David, and came face to face with the human. 

“Get away from me, you monster.” David snarled. Rico hissed and stood up straight.

“Me? A monster? Says the one who shot two innocent humans and intended to harm my fellow companion. Hilda was doing nothing wrong. Yes, maybe she accidentally took some pieces of the fabric from one of the little shops, but I'm sure she didn't mean to. Unlike you, we don't try to harm others. I suggest you watch that disgusting tongue of yours before something terrible happens to it.” Rico warned. Genesis rolled her eyes.

“Thank you Mr. David. Please give me a moment to record your score.” Genesis took the paper from Hilda, and scribbled something down. She then handed it to Rico.