Chapter Twenty Nine: Wakey Wakey

My eyes slowly flicker open, lying on my front still in Teddy's bed, a sheet wrapped around part of me. I smile to the little icy eyes looking down at me, a smile lighting up her little face as she sees me look back at her "bababa" she babbles.

Teddy has Wren stretched out like superman above me and is smiling "I brought your offspring for breakfast... she wasn't very happy..." Teddy says sticking out her bottom lip "but as you can see" she says holding her back up on her hip "she is quite happy now she's set eyes on you again" and she looks back to me, she is fresh and showered, a loose white t shirt and yoga pants on. "As am I" she says and she smiles.

I turn over onto my back and hold out my hands for Wren who kicks her little legs until she's placed in my hands in her little lilac onesie, her fair hair in a Mohican again.

"Hey baby" I whisper and I roll onto my side and lie her down beside me, pulling the sheet to one side and allowing her to latch on.

"I will go get us some breakfast now little bit is having hers" Teddy announces and she pulls a hoody on and grabs the room key.

"Teddy" i call over my shoulder.

The mattress dips a little as she crawls onto it from the opposite side, her hair falling over my shoulder and tickling Wrens nose.

Wren unlatches, my nipple slips out of her mouth and she laughs, a real laugh and we both smile ridiculously at her "gosh I love her" Teddy whispers as Wren latches back on.

I look back up to her and I can't help but wonder how she says it so easily to Wren but I can tell she holds it back when it comes to me. Sure she says it, but never when you can tell she wants to, would it make it too intimate to say it... in these moments, too obvious it means more than she wants it to, or wants me to know.

"Teddy" I ask.

She looks back to my eyes on hers "Yeah" she asks and her eyes dip to my lips as mine dip to hers.

"Did you bring Wren in so we didn't have to have the awkward morning after chat" I ask seriously.

She frowns "absolutely not... Harper... I can't believe you would even think that"

"I just wondered if you... if you-"

"Don't, Harper it's fine" she says and she hands me my cell "your mama messaged this morning, that's why I went over" and she stands up "I will go and get breakfast"

I check the message and of course she's right, mama messaged to say she ran out of milk for the morning bottle as one spilled.

I put the phone down and look to Wren smoothing her hair back down her little head from the upturned do "Your Mama here is stupid, and probably just ruined her chances of an encore" I say in a silly baby voice .

Wren smiles, releasing my nipple as she does and I smile goofily back and lean in to kiss her cheek "well at least you love me" I whisper.

***
Teddy passes me a glass of orange juice across the hotel room table. Wren was tucked under her arm on her lap, looking around, head slightly wobbling, lots of squeaks and squeals coming from her as she is happy to be back with her favourite person in the world, Teddy.
I couldn't blame her, she made me feel content too.

Teddy takes a sip from her juice and glances at me over the rim of the glass, her eyebrows starting to wiggle which makes me smile, she's forgiven me for my silly error earlier. "So... do want to have that awkward morning chat now" she teases.

I pull my robe a little closed, perhaps feeling a little shy now to what happened last night because, boy, did we just collide and just take everything we had been lusting for last night, and it felt... incredible. After years of wondering about sex and how good it must feel to have people be so eager to obtain it and satisfy its desires, I felt like I finally experienced just that. Goodness, how good it felt and how the fires of desire had well and truly been stoked. It was like a switch got flipped last night, and now I can only see Teddy as the girl who took my body and devoured it... and loved it... all the same.

Teddy and I were not done with this discovery, if anything it was just beginning, and before long our encounters would turn from pure lust to love making. Those love filled encounters were delicious and unforgettable and the ones I was drawn back to when I thought of Teddy in my bed.

"I don't think we need a morning after chat..." I begin.

She raises her eyebrows "no?" She questions teasingly.

"No" I return with a little grin "I think we just need a morning after ...and then perhaps tomorrow we can debrief" I say teasingly.

She nods "I think... a morning after sounds absolutely doable...we have another day and night before we fly back... and Allie is expecting Wren back to give you some more time to yourself"

"That's settled then" I say contentedly.

She bounces Wren on her hip as she stands.

"I will take Wren back along to mama. I need to pump for the late morning feed and take a shower"

Teddy nods "and I will be waiting for you..." she promises as I take Wren from her hands and lean in to kiss Teddy's lips, the sweet and brief caress is a promise that I will for sure be back, for much much more.