Chapter Nine: That kiss *

A night out with Delilah, our second year of college and it's just been Teddy's birthday which coincides with a huge game for her in New York. I havnt seen Teddy in the flesh since the Christmas previously when my little crush took life more so than ever, so when I got the tickets and the hotel room info through, I was surprised.

Harper, I miss you! Please come to the game this weekend in New York and see me, it's been too long and I've forgotten what you look like. My team are throwing me a birthday party at the club after, and I can't have a birthday without my girl. Bring whomever you want :)

Teddy x

As Delilah and I stepped off of the train and made our way out to the street, which was bustling and busy on such a warm day, it was the driver with the huge sign that caught our attention

HARPER JAMESON! HURRY BACK TO ME IN STYLE.

TED x

I laugh and Delilah points "well if that ain't a declaration" she muses as we approach the driver, he's all smartly dressed in a suit.

"Hi I'm Harper" I greet and he nods as if he knew what I would look like and opens the door for us.

We step into the expensive feeling town car and look to each other impressed. "This is so cool" Delilah whispers as she strokes the seats. "I wish I knew you were best friends with Teddy Nomikos before this week... that's the kind of info you tell your bi queen bestie don't you think?" She asks me jovially.

I give her a smile  "Teddy is the bi queen Lilah... and I fear she may reign right over you"

"I would one hundred percent let that fly"

I laugh and we move off and into the city.

***
The hotel is very opulent. Delilah and I do a double take as our bags are whisked away by a bell boy who looks like he came right out of the eighteenth century.

"We have never looked more out of place" Lilah whispers as we enter side by side.

"Right... I feel as if we are the third class boarding the titanic with the dogs into the hold"

The man at the desk nods his acknowledgement of us.  "Miss Nomikos sends her regards... she has set you both up in a state room together on the ninth floor"

Delilah grabs my arm dramatically "hold me whilst I faint" she declares.

I roll my eyes and whack her playfully "thank you" I return to the man with the kind smile and I take the key in his outstretched hand.

"George will take your bags" he says gesturing to the ghost of the eighteenth century bell boy who carries them ahead of us into the elevator.

We stand awkwardly in the elevator with him and count the floors as we go. "Here we are" he states walking into the hallway, a deep red luxurious carpet leading the way to the rooms.

"Miss Nomikos is next door, although she said to tell you she wouldn't be back until eight but she will pop by" he adds and he unlocks the door and it sweeps open to reveal an extraordinary view of the city and a large room, with a couch and a tv, a desk and a love seat that sits under the window. To the left of us as we enter are doors to the two bedrooms and a bathroom.

"Holy shit" Delilah curses as the bell boy leaves us to it. "I've died and been reincarnated as Kevin Mcallister from home alone two"

"I'm not sure how she pulled this off..." I muse "but I'm impressed" I say looking around like a kid in a candy shop.

***
Delilah ordered herself some questionable room service items and laid on her bed flicking though trash tv as I sat on the love seat and swooned over the view, and the fact Teddy was but a moment away. We hadn't been able to make it for the game beforehand, but I was excited to see her after, knowing her team had won, she would be in a good mood.