Chapter Twenty Six: Three month update

Wren can;
-Smile
-recognise people she loves
-laugh
-grab hair (ouch)
-mastering some head control
-baby chat
-can grasp baby toys

***
Three months have flown by. Wren is now colic free, peace resumes, and my goodness how that changed our lives, no more terror at boob time. She has got to the blissful age where just the sight of you makes her giddily smile and coo, and if we thought we couldn't love her more, we were wrong, because Wrens smile was magical and the way she lit up for us both, it made you just melt into a puddle.

Teddy and I finally sleep longer than three hours and boy can you tell. We can now spend some time together in the evening when Wren is down and just relax, cook together, watch movies, talk (mostly about Wren) and get a little time back to kind of reconnect. It was quite honestly as if we were the parents, and we were discovering each other again, on an individual level, and not as the parents to the little one who took over our lives, happily so.

Teddy was gearing up for training camp in April, she had an intense month in Connecticut trying to secure her spot on the teams roster this season. I was sure she would succeed since she was one of their most influential and powerful players, with her points, rebounds and assists being top tier.

With training inbound Teddy started running again, and going to the gym every day. I think it was six weeks ago I finally decided I wanted to join her in the gym. Mama would have Wren for the hour whilst we went. The hour in the gym was heaven, I would do the low impact machines since I had to wait twelve weeks to run again, postpartum. Teddy would be perfectly placed for me to observe her, running like a demon on the running machine, working up a sweat, lifting weights, and the back and forth on the rowing machine. I cannot express how much my body started to come back to life, watching her. Now I wasn't tired twenty four hours a day, my eyes did wonder, a little too often to Teddy, and appreciate her all over again. I would go a wonder sometimes to month six in my pregnancy when my hormones drove me wild and Teddy's touch brought immense pleasure. I could still blush at the thought of it, how forward I had been and how intense our connection became so quickly, and with thoughts of lips tracing my neck and hands squeezing my breasts, the throb did...come back.

***
"Do you think she missed us?" Teddy asked as we pull back in the drive.

"I think she missed you...I think she just uses me for breakfast, lunch and dinner" i muse.

Teddy removes the keys and casually leans across me to get something from the glove box but the slight brush of her across my chest makes me tingle quite uncontrollably and I let out a squeak.

She stops halfway over me and looks to me curiously "what was that" she asks.

I look away and bite my lip, mortified, closing my eyes tightly and wrinkling up my nose. She didn't need to know she was starting to drive me insane, she would most definitely tease me...

She closes the glove box and sits back in her seat "Harper" she asks.

I slowly open my eyes "yes" I try not to say too hesitantly.

"What's wrong" she asks curiously and then becoming amused as she realises...oh no...she realises.

"Cold showers all around I think" she winks and she exits the car.

What does that mean? Does she feel that sexual tension coming back?! Because my goodness if she did I would have to start restraining myself.

I follow Teddy through the front door, her tight Lycra work out clothing doing everything for me, for goodness sake Harper stop acting like a teenager.

Wren is lying in her bouncy chair beside mama who is making lunch, she spots Teddy coming through the door and my goodness her little face lights up, her nose wrinkles and her gummy smile is ear to ear as her little legs kick away with excitement.
"There she is...my little bit...hey...hey...how's my girl...did you miss us...did you...oh you are too much...this is too much...why are you so cute...who let you be this cute...you kill me" Teddy coos at her as she bends down and lifts her up, holding her high above her as Wrens legs kick about "and you grew too...in an hour you grew..." she says placing her back against her.

"Look mama" Teddy says turning around, and I can't help the way I smile as my hands reach out and take her and she babbles and coos at me before intensely staring at my bulging breasts in my cropped sports vest. "Hasn't she grown" Teddy says coming over to stand beside me and looking adoringly at her.

"She has" mama acknowledges as she places two sandwiches down on the breakfast bar for us "she's changed so much this week" she adds "right I'm taking my lunch outside" she announces "for March it's pretty darn warm out"

Mama disappears outside and Teddy and I look back to Wren, Teddy follows her intense stare to the bulging sight of my breasts that are now filled with milk, veins making them appear as if my sports bra will pop off at any moment as they engorge " I think... Wren has peeped the boobs" she whispers.

I look down and nod "Yes, she's hungry...I will go feed her and take a shower after"

"Okay...I will go get one now" she says and she leans down and kisses Wrens forehead before walking to the stairs "Most definitely a cold one"