Chapter Twenty Eight: New York New York (part two) *

Start from the beginning

"I know... I know... but what we have now... it's enough, more than enough, and we are so good together this way. Why build it up so high, label it and lather it in promises and expectations to then watch it all come tumbling down and have to walk away. It's too much to lose"

She squeezes my arm "Teddy is it not already too much to lose"

I shake my head "no because I would never lose them if I stayed exactly who I am now to them... friends who really...really...really...love each other"

"It won't stay this way, not if you are both falling for each other" she warns.

"I will take that risk... I don't want to lose them Morgan... I love them too much"

"It won't be enough Teddy... sooner or later Harper will want more, and you will have to decide whether to give that to her. You could lose her just as easily being her friend if you keep playing with fire this way, and if you sleep together and keep sleeping together"

"Morgan please" I beg.

"Okay, I won't say anymore but I'm just. I just want the best for you... for you both"

"I love you" I say reaching for her arm and squeezing it gently.

She hugs me again "love you too dimple popper, see you soon. Please come to lunch when you are next here and bring Harper and the baby"

"I will" I agree as she turns and walks away.

I suddenly didn't feel in the mood to party. I would quickly catch my friends from the league and get gone upstairs.

***
Teddy is animatedly talking within a group of fellow ballers when I come back to the event room. She catches sight of me and makes excuses as she moves towards me, and her fingers reach around my wrist and take my hand as she pulls me back through the hallway and into the open elevator.

"So, it's going to go like this is it" I ask.

She flips me around, my back to the mirror as the door closes and her hands take my hips. Her lips press against my own, and my heart doubles in beats as I open my mouth to her, allowing her to assert herself, her lips crushing against mine, slipping hungrily between, sucking my thick bottom lip seductively into hers.

My hands slip up her sides, until I am cupping her cheeks and pulling her harder against me.

Oh fuck.

Teddy's body presses to me, her thigh slipping between my legs as her mouth leaves my lips and trails from my chin, up my jaw, and down the nape of my neck. My breath hitches and her hands roam down my thighs, the elevator pings and we jump apart, breathing rapidly, our lips pinked, her lipstick smudged, and our clothes disheveled as the door opens to an empty hallway.

My eyes wildly take in hers and I reach for her hand, she grabs it and we enter the hallway.

I tug her and she curls back into my body with a thud as I push her into a wall and it's animalistic at this point and completely overdue because we can't even make it to the room without hitting every wall on the way down. Her hands roam up my thighs, mine pull open her shirt buttons, lips caressing, tongues discovering, every inch of my flesh lit up for her, wanting to be touched in every way possible.

I have never wanted to urge someone more to please ... please "Please ... I want you inside of me" I beg.

Her fingers push the material of my dress up to my hips as she pressed me to her door. I don't release her from the kiss, instead my hands reach into her jacket pocket and pull out the room key and without even breaking our embrace I slip it backward into the door, a beep sounds as Teddy's lips again find my neck, pleasure slips from my lips as I moan against her ear.