No matter what I do, I'll be compared to the people who burned her in the past.

I don't blame her.

I just wished she had more faith in me.

A deep sigh passes my lips as I gently cup Mika's cheeks, and she reluctantly snuggles into my touch. "Mika." I lick my lips. "Princesa. Because when shit hits the fan, it hurts a little less when someone you care about is by your side. We can't make the world perfect, but we can do our part to help. Let me help you."

She nibbles on her lips, laying her palm over my knuckles. "What do you get out of this? An advantage by appearing like a better man than others? Don't feel so special. Most men I know are garbage. Nobody offers aid without expecting something in return."

My lips curve to a frown, anger glowing in my abdomen. "Mika, why the hell are we fighting? There's a group of terrified individuals in the other room. You want to break up with me? Fine. Just let me help you. No strings attached, okay? I just want to give you peace of mind."  

She groans, pupils dilating into a black hole, swirling with confusion and nuisances. "Peace of mind is asking for too much, Muñeco. I-I don't want to break up. Just everything is too much. I'm letting Diablo win. He wants us to fight. He can't stand I'm spending time with you."

My eyebrows perk. "Why? I thought we were acquaintances, at least. I mean, fuck, I sell drugs to the guy. What does he have against me? What's exactly the nature of your relationship?"

"It's complicated." Her eyelids narrow, the irises within dark like black ink. "Business partners. Friends. Why the fuck does it matter?"

"Because we're the factors in the situation, the chain reaction, if you will," I explain, my tongue snaking over my bottom lip. "It's not our fault, but we're indirectly involved in their kidnapping. D-does... does he have feelings for you?"

I gulp, the silence surfacing as Mika pondered the thought for a moment. Anything is possible when Mika is involved. I wouldn't criticize him for caring about Mika after their long arrangement as employer and employee. Pimps always blur the lines by using the people they have for themselves. However, I cannot accept him entangling innocent individuals to prove a point. He's a piece of shit, nonetheless.

"No." She assertively shakes her head. "Well. Maybe. But that wouldn't be his sole purpose of backstabbing me. Diablo isn't emotionally charged. It might be a part of it, but this whole thing is calculated."

"How are we going to get him to stop?"

Mika throws her hair into a ponytail, flicking her acrylic nail back and forth. "I'm not sure. I talked to him before, but I need leverage. Something that will refrain from him going against me again."

In the world of dirty skimpy pimps, only two things ever matter to them. Income and investment, ultimately money. It always comes down to money with people like him. Diablo might have fucked-up way of showing his affections for Mika, but money trumps all. To get a man like Diablo to bend against our will, we have to take away the thing that matter most.

His establishment.

Diablo's Paraiso.

"What?" Mika lightly prods my shoulder with her hand.

My lips tilt to a satisfying smirk as my chest swells in glory. "Do you know where Diablo keeps his paperwork for Diablo's Paraiso?"

Her dark eyebrows furrow, a small crease between them. "Yeah. Why?" Like an abrupt bullet shot, her eyes glow with captivation. "Wow, Asiel. Maybe you were made to be the superior heir of the Morterero cartel. I just have to hire a lawyer to construct a new contract with everything going to me."

"I'll take care of that," I reply, setting up an alarm for later tonight when I have service again. "I'll set you up with Damian Monroe. He's the best lawyer in the state. We have our lawyers on our payroll."

Heat fires to my ballsack as Mika places the quickest kiss on my cheek, sporting a shy grin as she spins around. "Maybe we do make the perfect pair, Muñeco."

God, I hope so.

She strides down the hallway, her stilettos clicking with every passionate step. Confident radiates off her like her own personal fragrance in its strawberry mist glory. Her eruption earlier clings to my mind, a topic we needed to discuss as a couple going forward. It's possible our relationship could be too much for the both of us with how packed our plates are. But if it's something we both want, we can make it work.

I know for a fact I am complete with Mika by my side.

But is it reciprocated?

Does it have to be for me to be happy?

Can I be content with having Mika but worlds apart from her soul?

Following like a lovesick puppy, I pick up my pace and catch up to Mika, observing her stepping over the dead body. A blood puddle is underneath their head, growing an inch with every second as his eyes are round in pure shock. Nausea boils in my stomach, fighting to make an appearance, but I swallow it back down. If I want to be useful, I'm going to have to learn how to retain my toxins.

"What's the plan exactly?" I ask to distract myself as I step over the body, blocking the doorway. "How are we going to support all these people?"

Mika halts. "I can maybe house around a hundred of them in my two apartments. More than that will feel just like how they're now."

My fingers fidget with the purity ring on my ring finger. "Um, I could make some calls. Ask members of my familia to house a few and give money for the leftover to seek shelter."

She lets out a small laugh, looking at me like I presented a senseless idea. "Are the members of your familia trustworthy? I don't want to subject them to any more trauma than they have already gone through."

I cross my arms. "I'm not going to ask family members like Gato if that's what you're concerned about. But if you don't trust my judgment, I'll give them all money. It doesn't matter to me. I'm just spit-balling."

Her eyes glisten with amusement as she descends into the caged environment. One step in and my ears ring with the people pleading for freedom, howling at the top of their lungs. They're filthy, packed in with each other like sardines. Their clothes are raggy. Their skins sliced open from the constant effort of breaking out. The air is muggy and hard to breathe.

I hate to know how long they've been suffering in these conditions.

"I trust your judgment," Mika confesses, aiming the gun at the lock and ordering them to back away.

The cartridge wrecks the lock, and it falls to the floor with a -clang-. Mika sticks the gun into her waistline and kicks the door open. Hundreds of individuals stamped out, praising Mika as they make room for the others confined in the cage. More than half of them give Mika a personal handshake with tearful, swelling eyes.

I would too.

Because whether or not Mika knows it, she's an inspiration.

My inspiration.

My muse.

My Mona Lisa masterpiece.

Damn... how sad that it ended lol... Guys, I'm so sorry for the long wait for long in depth smut, but I promise it's coming reall soon... hopefully the plot is entertaining you so far because you haven't seen anything yet...

😉😝

Diablo almost got what he wanted by making our precious coupe fight! Thank god they freaking snapped out of it. Where do you guys think Diablo is hiding Isabela or what do you think is his plan for her?

He's not going to know what hit him when Mika comes storming through his door! I can't wait! I hope you guys can't wait! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I can't wait to upload again!!

Thank you for every comment and vote, means the freaking world to me!

Love ya! ❤️❤️