45

Hermione stood stun and horrified as her head turned to see who had been hit. Her eyes widened when she saw Voldemort standing over her... standing right in the same where the light had vanished. His body swayed while his feet fumbled backwards near the veil, which reached out invisible hands that began to pull him into the archway. Voldemort turned his head towards Hermione as he lightly smiled at her, tears gleaming down his face, before he vanished completely. 

She didn't know exactly what she was feeling. Anger, sorrow, emptiness, pain, confusion, and many more swirled around her body. Her mind raced around trying to make sense of what happened. Hermione felt a pair of arms wrapping around her, pulling her tightly against their front. She hadn't noticed she had made a run towards the veil, screaming her head off. She tugged at the Bellatrix's hands and arms and ignored her pleads and the choked mumbles of 'he's gone'. 

Hermione froze when her eyes spotted Umbridge fleeing the scene. She felt her rage taking over her entire being and blinding her head. Hermione was able to pull Bellatrix's arms from her and went running like a mad woman after Umbridge. It wasn't that hard for Hermione to keep up with Umbridge. After all, Umbridge was foolish enough to wear her kitty heeled pumps while Hermione had on her sneakers. 

Soon, Hermione followed Umbridge around the fountains that were in the middle of the Ministry. She held out her wand and found herself screaming the only word that could come into her head.  

"Crucio!" Hermione screamed. Umbridge feel down on the ground, nearly hitting her head on the edge of the fountain. Hermione soon found herself on top of Umbridge, her wand flung to the side as she began to punch Umbridge as hard as she could, screaming words she couldn't even understand through her sobs and gasps for air. It felt like hours had passed till Hermione found herself being peeled off Umbridge's body. She struggled against the person's hold, her hands outstretched in front of her, wanting to claw Umbridge up some more. Her eyes continued to glare as she watched some of the Order Members picking Umbridge's bloodied and bruised limp body from the ground and proceeded to carry her off somewhere. Hermione kept struggling still desiring to kill Umbridge for what she had done. 

"HERMIONE!" Her body went stiff before her head slowly glanced up. She could see Fenrir was the one holding her tightly. It was possible he was the only one that could even hold her at this point. Fenrir looked down at her with a look of defeat and concern she never seen on anyone before. Hermione shot her head down, not wanting to look at him. 

"Why? Why didn't you let me kill her? Why didn't you let me? She deserved it! SHE DESERVED IT!" Hermione cried out, her head falling against her chest. She cried till she felt her throat was sore from all her sobbing, her eyes stinging from all the tears she had shed. She surrendered into Fenrir's grasp when her legs gave out from underneath her. Fenrir picked her up like a child, pressing her head against his chest before they walked away from the ministry without looking back.