6

It has been a complete hell for Hermione this year. Ron has decided to leave them. Harry and herself almost became snake food and now they were in the middle of the Forest of Dean during wintertime. Hermione watched as Harry had went off to pick up firewood with her wand since his had been destroyed when she had attempted to avoid being killed by a snake. She sat alongside a tree as she leaned her head back to look up at the grey sky. She could feel it was going to get colder not long. She carefully stood up as she took a deep breath, feeling the cold breeze filling her lungs. 

Slowly, she proceeded to carefully walk down the river. She was still upset. Not completely because of the war. Her mother had passed away a few years ago and for some reason her father had kicked her out the day after her mother's funeral. Saying some strange thing about her not being his daughter. At first she thought it was some sick joke, but when she found her things on the front yard the next day, she knew he wasn't kidding. 

She wasn't entirely clear of the whole thing but given she was homeless, she had to focus on that issue. Luckily Sirius had offered her a place at his family's home at Grimmauld Place and Fred and George had offered her a job at their joke shop. Hermione had also had to make another account at the bank since her father had actually canceled her account, which meant she didn't have money. 

She hadn't told anyone of her problems because she didn't want anyone to worry about her or feel pity of her situation. However, Dumbledore (before he past) and McGonagall must have thought something was wrong with her because they had given her her school books free of charge for the next school years. On top of that, they gave her gifts of money or things she needed at Christmas and her birthday. They also must have inform the other teachers because she got other gifts from them as well. One day, Professor Sprout had gave her some lilac bushes, Miss Pince (the librarian) allowed her to take out the books for longer than two weeks, and even Professor Snape cut down on his harassment against her. 

But now that she was alone, it left her wondering. Why did her father kick her out? What did he mean by she wasn't his daughter? Did her mother do something before she was born? She was upset if it was because her mother had cheated on her father. Not because her mother was unfaithful, but because her father was being a hypocrite. She found more phone numbers of women that her father was seeing while married than her mother. In fact, she never did find any. She kept walking till her eyes landed on a familiar object. A few feet in the distance, was her mother's grave. 

It ticked her off that her father had placed her mother in the midst of nowhere. She continued to walk over till she paused. She noticed something strange. Wrapped around the grave were flowers. Flowers? When it's snowing? Hermione was confused. She didn't tell anyone where her mother's grave was, so there was no way that they would know where her mother was buried. Also Harry couldn't have done this given he had went the other way. She couldn't put a finger on it... until a thought came into her head. 

If her mother did cheated on her father, could she have been having an affair with a wizard?