19

Ron was a bit unsettled with all that was happening. He couldn't believe how Harry and Hermione were all on board with the thought that Voldemort actually changed and meant when he says that he wants the war to end. Ron had a feeling that Voldemort was secretly just waiting for the moment to strike when they least expect it. When it got dark out, Ron decided he would do his own investigation into what Voldemort was really up to. He waited till  it was dark outside when people were all supposed to be asleep. He took hold of Harry's invisible cloak when he was sure Harry and Hermione were both asleep. Once he secured the cloak around him, Ron slipped into the hallway and made his way through the manor. 

He traveled through the house till he was sure he found the Dark Lord's room. The door was slightly opened and he could hear voices slipping through the crack. Carefully, Ron scurried over towards  the door where he peered inside. He could see Lucious and Snape standing about while Voldemort sat in his chair with Nagini slithering around his chair. Ron narrowed his eyes as he saw Voldemort petting his stupid snake, his face all twisted up a tight frown. 

"My Lord, I think maybe you should act now. Not to waste a moment further before the truth gets out in another way and blows up in your face," Lucius suggested to Voldemort. Ron's eyes widened. I knew it, Ron thought as he began to think of a way to always throw this fact in Hermione and Harry's faces. He knew he was right about Voldemort hiding something! And now they are planning to attack them probably soon. 

"I fear it would be too soon. It would be chaotic to say the least. Worse there could be a bit of a mess if I do it right away." Voldemort stated to Lucius. 

"Not going to happen," Ron uttered as he slowly proceeded down the corridor. Ron was turning a corner, which lead him to the drawing room. He was halfway across the room when the doors flung open and in walked Narcissa and Bellatrix. 

"Cissy! Please tell me what's the big secret! I know Lucius told you!" Bellatrix pleaded with Narcissa, who was removing her gloves. Narcissa tossed the gloves onto the table as she lightly sighed. 

"Fine, but you did not hear this from me... And you must not go into your usual fits of rage when I tell you either." Narcissa stated while she sat down. Bellatrix scurried to a seat right beside Narcissa as she leaned on her elbows. Ron stood very still, not wanting either to notice him. He darted his eyes between the girls and the door, which was left slightly opened. Ron figured he may have a chance to slip through if he was quiet and quick enough to get to it. As Ron began to head to the door, he listen in on Narcissa and Bellatrix's conversation. 

"First off, you remember that mystery letter that the Dark Lord receive a couple nights ago?" Narcissa asked. 

"How could I forget, he rushed out of the room like he had seen death!" Bellatrix shrieked. 

"Well, the letter was written by a past lover of his..." Narcissa started when Bellatrix gasped. 

"He had another woman! That dirty, cheat! After all I did for him?" Bellatrix growled until she paused when Narcissa shot her a dirty look. Bellatrix motioned for Narcissa to continue. 

"And that past lover? Was none other than Jean Granger, herself." Narcissa declared. Ron froze as he turned to look at Narcissa. She has to be lying. Hermione's mom couldn't possibly had written to the Dark Lord! Why would she? Bellatrix's lips dropped. 

"The Mudblood's mother?" Bellatrix asked, shocked and in disbelief. Narcissa laughed. 

"Oh, but she's not a muggle-born, sister. At least she doesn't know it yet, but Lucius is talking with the Dark Lord about explaining it to her." Narcissa stated. Bellatrix's eyes narrowed. 

"What do you mean she's not a muggle-born? And why would and/or should The Dark Lord be explaining that to Hermione?"  Bellatrix questioned. 

"Because in the letter that Jean wrote to him, she had asked the Lord to protect her daughter... or should I say... their daughter." Narcissa told her, a smile curling on her lips. Bellatrix gasped. 

"You mean.... she's..." Bellatrix dragged but couldn't finish the whole sentence but Narcissa nodded her head that it was true. 

"That's why the Lord had called off the war like he did. He wants to be near Hermione and do as Jean had wished of him. But now he's having a hard time deciding whether he wants to tell her that he's her father or not." Narcissa explained to Bellatrix. Ron couldn't listen to another word of their conversation and he ran out of there like a bolt of lightning, knowing he had to tell his friends.