8

Hermione sat in the tent, leaning against her knees as she stared off into space. She was trying to figure out what she was supposed to even say or think with what she believed happened between her mother and father. She wasn't even sure how she was supposed to feel in this situation. After all, a husband and wife are supposed to be faithful for each other. Neither were. But her mother did it probably because she kept finding her husband was sleeping around with the next woman he could find. Mostly she kept having this nagging feeling in the back of her head that told her that her mother had been with a wizard. And she's a witch. Could it be her father was telling the truth? That she wasn't actually his child? 

Before Hermione to think further on the thought, she heard her name being called. She picked herself up from where she was as she proceeded to walk outside towards who was calling her. Upon leaving the tent, she could see Harry holding onto her wand as she watched Ron walking over towards them. She stood there stunned and enraged when the only thing Ron could say was 'hey'. Hermione couldn't help herself as she stormed over to him as she grabbed his bag. 

"You ass, Ronald Weasley," She screamed at him, "You show up after weeks! And all you can say is 'hey'?" 

Before Ron could answer her question, Hermione turned around to glare at Harry, who was looking at her like he was looking at a Dementor or something. 

"Harry, where's my wand? Where's my wand? You give me my wand!" Hermione shouted at him while rushing over to him. Harry backed away till he back away into a tree, pretending he didn't have her wand. 

"Why does he have your wand?" Ron asked her. She turned around to glare at him. 

"Never mind why he's got my wand!" Hermione growled at him before she rushed back into the tent. She couldn't deal with this. She was already stressed about her parents, now she had to deal with Ron's sudden return. How dare he return to them and just say 'hey' like he was only gone for like a day and he didn't get mad at her and assumed she was in love with Harry! She wasn't in love with Ron either. Especially not after what he did to her those times. She listened to the tent being opened as footsteps walked in towards her. 

"Hermione are you okay?" Harry asked her. She shook her head, tears streaming down her cheeks. 

"No," she whispered. 

"Hey, I understand. Ron's sudden appearance..." he started when she cut in. 

"I'm not mad that Ron's back. Sort of." Hermione mumbled. She could feel Harry's confused face looking at her as she listened to him walk closer to her. 

"What is it? The war?" Harry asked. Hermione wiped her cheeks. 

"My dad kicked me out of the house a few years ago, Harry. After my Mom's funeral. It's the reason I was living with Sirius for so long and worked at Fred and George's joke shop." Hermione admitted. Harry's eyes widened. 

"What? Why!" He asked, furious. 

"He said that I wasn't really his daughter. At first, I thought he was mad, but I'm starting to believe him." Hermione stated. 

"No, listen. He's clearly out of his mind. How could he say that! I mean it barking mad..." Harry ranted on until Hermione cut in again, knowing he was going to rant on forever. 

"I went to my mom's grave today," she blurted out, "there were flowers blooming around her grave. Either flowers are now immune to the cold or a wizard had visited my mom's grave and proceeded to give her flowers. I am believing the second. It wouldn't surprise me. My father was a hard man to live with. He cheated on my mom more times than I can count. She must have wanted to get back with him and she just happened to meet a wizard. It's probably why I have magical abilities." 

She sniffled as she wiped more tears from her face. She felt Harry's arms around her shoulder as he pulled her closer to his side. 

"If that's the case, I'm still glad to have you as my friend. And if you want, we can go find him if you want to learn more about your dad. If I had to guess, I believe he would be a nice man to hang out with," Harry claimed to her. She lightly snickered as she shook her head, glad she had people to help her in this situation.