42

Everyone remained silent while the lift began to descend to the courtroom below. No one could look at each other. Even Hermione couldn't look at Fenrir. She knew Fenrir and Scabior were right about what Fenrir had to do to Yaxley. It wouldn't be fair to have Yaxley or anyone live as nothing more than a shell of a person. To live without any hope or happiness or any emotion really. But at the same time it was hard to have to kill someone even if you knew it was a merciful killing. 

Soon a light ringing of the bell entered their ears and the doors proceeded to open to a dark, eerie hallway. Carefully and on full guard, they scurried down the hallway and proceeded to head towards the courtrooms. Hermione could feel a touch of fear rushing through her as they began closing in to where the courtroom laid. Soon they spotted the door and began to surround it. Their wands drawn before them, ready to fight whoever was behind it. 

"Scabior and I will go first, the moment you three see it's getting close to where you know we're not going to win, I want you guys to high-tail it out of here! Do you understand me?" Fenrir asked them, staring them down with a fierce glare that demanded the right answer. 

"And what about you two? Do you really expect us to leave you here?" Hermione asked him. Fenrir gently pressed his hand against her cheek, his laid a kiss on her forehead, before he pulled away to look directly into her eyes. 

"Yes," he growled then turned towards the door. In a blink of an eye, Fenrir opened the door as he and Scabior flooded into the room headfirst with the Golden Trio afterwards. They dashed into the center but noticed it was completely empty of anyone. There was no one there. Hermione's eyes wandered while she wondered where everyone could have gone. 

"Thought so. Once they saw Yaxley was spilling his guts out to us, they clearly weren't going to risk being here if Voldemort decided to show up." Scabior stated. Suddenly the air was filled with a horrified 'hem, hem', causing everyone to turn in that direction. Walking down towards the pulpit, Umbridge crawled from the darkness that had hidden her away. 

"You are mistaken, Half-Breed." Umbridge shot at them, "But what would anyone expect from someone as dimwitted as yourself?" 

"That's rich coming from you, Half-Blood!" Hermione shot at her. 

"You dare speak to me Mudblood! It's bad enough you have gotten your filthy hands on our Lord's mind, but you actually think you can speak to me!" Umbridge shot at her. 

"She hasn't taken over his mind and you know it! You just don't like it that Voldemort has realized he has a daughter and wants a better life for her." Fenrir growled at her. Umbridge started laughing. 

"Of course the Half-Breeds' leader is on the Mudblood's side! You two probably have been working together for awhile. Haven't you? Thinking of ways of taking down the Death Eaters and the Order so then you two can rule the Wizarding World yourselves!" Umbridge shouted at them. It was then Hermione noticed from the shadows other Death Eaters coming forth now with wands drawn. They began to shift into a circle, their backs pressed against each other as they glued their wands on a Death Eater. 

"However, your days of your treachery is at an end. Once you lot are out of the way, finally things will go back to the way they were and should have been from the dawn of time." Umbridge growled as her wand was drawn and a bright green light began to head in their direction.