2

Once Wormtail had exit the room, Voldemort turned back towards the window as he felt tears dripping down his face. He carefully lifted the letter, an old letter written numerous years before his return, a plead for aid. A plead from his old love. Voldemort's fingers ran over the letter as his eyes began to read the letter once more. 

Dear Tom, 

I am writing to you to ask for your help. I knew I could contact you when I was in times of trouble. And I am in a extremely troubling time. I was just diagnosed with stage four breast cancer and it is not looking too good. They say even with treatment, I only will have about five to six months to live. I am scared, Tom. But not for myself. 

I had attempted to inform you years ahead, but you must have been busy. You see, after our special night with each other, I learned I had became pregnant. I know she's yours because my husband has been occupied with other ladies' company and hasn't had sex with me before or after we hooked up. I wish you got to be there while she was growing up. She is so much like you, Tom. So determined and ambitious to learn about new things along with her ability to be a bit cunning to help her friends out with troubles. She also is a witch just like you. 

And it is her that I fear for. My husband knows she's not his and I fear the moment I pass away, he will kick her out of our house or do something worse. I ask you, Tom, if you could take her in. She needs her father, her real father. I know you would be an excellent teacher in helping her with her magic skills. 

I miss you dearly, Tom. Know I will always love you. And If you get this after I am gone, I wish you goodbye. 

Sincerely and Thanks, 

Jean Granger. 

P.S. Her name is Hermione Jean Granger. 

Voldemort crushed the letter in his hand as he leaned back into his chair, tightening his eyes shut. He couldn't believe it. She was gone. The only woman who could make his dead heart beat was gone. And he wasn't there to say goodbye to her. His eyes watered as he opened them up and stood from his chair. He held his wand out as he apparated himself from his room. Soon he was standing in the middle of the forest, snow all around him. He gazed around till his eyes spotted it. Jean's gravestone. He walked over to it till he was leaning over it. Just the sight of it made him start crying again. 

"I'm sorry, Jean," He whispered, "I'm so sorry I wasn't there. I promise I will be there for Hermione." 

He bent to his knees as he held his wand. From the tip, flowers started to bloom around Jean's gravestone as they popped up from the ground. He lightly pressed his hand to his lips then onto the face of the grave,  brushing snow from it, before he stood up again and shook his head. He suddenly apparated from that place, determined to do this task for Jean.