30

Hermione woke up from a painful headache as she groaned and pushed herself into a sitting position on the uncomfortable sofa she had be laying on. She glanced up to notice she was sitting in the midst of the living room of 12 Grimmauld Place. Her attention shifted quickly from the pulsing headache to the voices echoing from the kitchen area. 

"We've told you, the war is over! We don't know why those Death Eaters attacked you guys! Now let us go! We sent you lot a letter stating this!" Narcissa growled at whoever. Hermione pushed herself onto her feet and wobbled over to the kitchen area. She leaned against the doorway where she found Narcissa and Bellatrix tied up in chairs as they glared up at Lupin, Tonks, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and their sons Bill, Fred, and George who stood their and stared down at them. 

"We don't believe you. Now tell us where Harry and Ron are and what you two were planning on doing to Hermione!" Lupin ordered, clearly upset about something. 

"They're telling the truth!" Hermione yelled while pushing herself off the doorway and limping over to them. Everyone turned around to look at her as Molly  darted over to Hermione. 

"Hermione go lay down. You must be tired and out of your mind after what happened." Molly told her, trying to nudge her back to the living room. Hermione shook her head as she fought against Molly's grip. 

"No, they are telling the truth. Voldemort is calling off the war. It's over. We're at the Malfoy Manor where we were constructing it. You guys were supposed to get a letter stating all of this." Hermione blurted out, trying to get them to understand what she was telling them. 

"Why would he want to end this war? There is no reason for him to stop it." Lupin told her, unconvinced about the whole thing. 

"He's stopping it for me... because I'm his daughter." Hermione blurted out to them. Everything seemed to freeze the moment she had said that. Everyone stared at her like they had witnessed her performing one of the unforgivable curses. She didn't know what she was supposed to do since no one seemed ready to move or say something about this information. Finally Remus seemed to find his voice. 

"Hermione, I think you are being lied to. Do you really think he's your father? He hates muggles and is probably using you to get to Harry." Remus suggested to her. Hermione shook her head. 

"I know that he knows my mother and they had something between each other. Besides we've been in the manor for days and Voldemort had every chance to kill us but hasn't. Doesn't that tell you something?" She asked him. Remus shrugged his shoulders. Arthur then moved over as he lightly placed his hand on her shoulder. 

"I don't know what to make of this, but we shouldn't just jump into believing he's suddenly a good person." Arthur stated to her. 

"Then you should at least hear him out. I can go to him and make a meeting." Hermione offered to them. 

"This is madness!" Molly shrieked, "Tell her this is mental!" 

"Do we really have any choice?" Remus asked before turning to Hermione, "Okay, you can go and set up some meeting. Somewhere both sides can feel safe and we'll bring Narcissa and Bellatrix there." 

Hermione nodded in understanding as she hurried to the doorway, determined to put an end to this war once and for all.