43

Hermione was thankfully quick enough as she shot a spell to cause Fenrir to be pushed out of the way. It was then all hell broke loose. Spells were flinging at them and they didn't have much cover. Hermione and Ron shot up protection spells while Fenrir, Scabior and Harry shot as many, stunning, disarming and other types of spells that could help avoid being hit by the curses and hexes the Death Eaters were shooting at them. 

"We've got to get out of here!" Hermione screamed over the echoing blasts that shrieked over her. Quickly as possible they scurried back to the way they came, flinging spells behind them so they could get out safely. They rushed down the corridor, trying to make it to the lifts, however; they were cut off by more Death Eaters running towards them. Hermione turned down another hallway without paying much attention except to the voices in her head demanding they get out of there. Hermione soon found herself and the others running through a random door and shutting it behind them. 

Upon turning around, Hermione felt her body stiffen. Out of all the rooms to find themselves in, it had to be this one. The same familiar shelves full of prophecies orbs that gleamed brightly at them in a mocking manner. She wanted to go back and avoid this place but due to the Death Eaters probably lurking outside the door, they had no choice but to move forward. They kept their heads down but alert for any sign of Death Eaters, who weren't loyal to them. Hermione tried to ignore the horrible memories that rushed through their beings as they hurried passed the shelves to find another door out of there. 

It felt like hours till their focuses shifted when a shot of red light came flying pass their heads. Hermione glance right to find Death Eaters hurrying towards them. 

"RUN!" Fenrir ordered, pushing her away as he stood in front of her. In that moment, they split up. Hermione didn't look back while she tried to hold her tears in. She couldn't cry now. Despite her thoughts running inside her head telling her the horrible things that might be happening to Fenrir. Her attention was caught off guard when a light came inches passed her face. She quickly got her focus back as she proceeded shooting curses and hexes at the people. She didn't care at this point whether she used Dark Magic or not, she was determined to win this. 

She soon found the chance to turn a corner and run down it. Her lungs were burning, her heart was slamming itself in her ears, but she pushed through it. She soon found herself running towards a door. Seeing a way to escape and get help, she rushed towards it. But upon opening and running through, she found herself falling... falling down into the blackness until just before hitting the ground, her body was stopped then dropped gently on it. Hermione pushed herself on her hands and feet, curious of where she was when her eyes landed on something she had hoped never to see again. The veil.