44

Hermione felt her heart on the verge of stopping at the sight of it while she crawled to her feet. Horrible memories of her watching as Sirius faded behind the veil and Harry's face streaming in tears and screaming at the top of his lungs while he was being held back by Remus came popping into her head. She turned to try and leave the place only to find herself being shot back against the ground. She rolled a few times before landing a few feet from the veil.

"No more running for you," Hermione shot her head up to find Umbridge walking to her, her wand aiming directly at Hermione. Hermione made for her feet but had fallen to the ground as pain rushed through her entire being, her body jerking around so violently she feared her body would be torn apart. She tried to hold in her screams for as long as she could but the pain was too much for her to silence herself. Soon she found herself screaming at the top of her lungs. The walls echoed it to make it louder than it really was. 

It seemed to last for hours till Umbridge decided Hermione's suffering wasn't enough for her anymore. The pain vanished as fast as it came. Hermione gasped for air, her lungs burning and heart ready to burst. Weakly, Hermione climbed to her hands and knees as she peered up at Umbridge, who had moved close enough her wand was a mere inch away from her face. 

"I've always hated you the most, Mudblood. And now... you die here alone." Umbridge growled at Hermione. Before Hermione could embrace her death, she heard a cracking sound that cause her and Umbridge to turn around to see who it was. 

"Get away from my daughter, you old hag!" Voldemort growled before throwing a punch in Umbridge's face. Umbridge stumbled till collapsed onto the floor. The moment Umbridge hit the ground, spells began to rocket down at them. The room was starting to fill with both enemy and friend as everyone began fighting. She felt Voldemort grab hold of her arm and pulled her to her feet as they ran to the side of the rocks, ducking and flinging spells back towards their enemies. They nearly were hit by one spell that was inches away from their heads but were lucky to stumble upon a nearby ditch to hide in. Hermione peered her head up to try and see who was there when she was twirled around to face Voldemort. 

"I need you to go with Harry and Ron and get out of this. You shouldn't be fighting in this war anymore." Voldemort advised her. Hermione shook her head. 

"I entered into this war by my choice, I'll leave it by my choice. I'm not going to abandon my friends now when we are so close to winning." Hermione told him. He chuckled. 

"You sound so much like your mother." He claimed to her. Hermione smiled before climbing out of the ditch and started flinging as many curses at her enemies with Voldemort fighting right behind her. Hermione turned her focus on one of the Carrow siblings, causing him to scurry backwards away from her. 

"Avada Kedavra!" The spell caught her attention. She was about to glance to the side in time to see the green light came flashing from Umbridge's wand and aiming towards her. However before it could hit Hermione, she felt someone pushing her out of the way and the light hit them.