Thirty-One Asiel

Beginne am Anfang

She narrows her aquamarine eyes in spite as her lips curve ups to a smirk. "Haven't you heard? I'm the best actress in town."

As Mika is putting the supplies back in the kit, I press a quick kiss on her cheek, causing her eyes to widen. "Princesa, don't be so cruel. It was a joke."

She swings around, holding onto the plastic bag filled with garbage as she nips at her lips. "What is acceptable in God's eye? Is what we do okay? Do you ever feel guilty about having oral sex with me?"

My heart skips a beat.

Why is she suddenly asking these questions? Warmth spreads through my veins like jam on a piece of toast. It's like this is Mika's way of showing she cares about my feelings, my religion, my soul. It isn't a secret that our relationship is mostly one-sided. However, I hoped if I liked her enough, one day she will too. Mika, out of everyone, deserves to feel how a real man treats a woman.

I scratch my head, ruffling up my hair. "I did the first time, but not anymore. I gave myself to you, Mika. I'm yours. You can't get rid of me. God knows it and will be okay with it. It's acceptable in his eyes if it leads to ma-."

I close my mouth shut before I speak the sacred word.

A crease frowns in her forehead. "Leads to what?"

"Marriage." I smile faintly. "If it leads to marriage."

Shock crosses her face. "You want to marry me?"

Fuck.

Can I get any more insane? Who in the right mind would marry their boyfriend after two days of dating? Not Mika. She always weighs every option before going down that path, and I'm sure there are other suitors out there for her. Just because she accepted my feelings now doesn't mean she can't get bored.

That's one of my biggest fears.

It's a long list, but losing Mika easily triumphs them all.

"Y-yeah," I answer honestly, "I mean one day."

If I already shot myself in the foot, I might as well go for the rest of my body.

"Mika." I grip her hand and place it over my wavering heart beat. "It's insane, I know. I'm insane. But these moments together are all I live for. I don't think I will ever meet another person who will make my heart beat like this. When I said I was yours, I meant it. So, yes, one day, I would love to marry you, but I know the decision isn't up to me."

Warmth sizzles between our entwined palms, our breaths hollowing out. The words exchanged between our gazes translate into a million different words. The curtains cave in as the wind flows through, alerting the goosebumps. Or is it because of our close proximity?

My body shifts close enough that Mika instinctively moves back until she hits the desk, wedging herself between me and the desk. One hand finds comfort on the curve of her hip, fitting like a puzzle piece. The other tenderly takes grasp of her chin and lifts her face. All Mika does is stare wide-eyed, as if it's taking her longer to process.

The window to the balcony is open, letting the spotlight of the white crescent moon reflect on us. It's highlighting us as if we were the most important thing on the axis. I lean forward until our faces are inches apart, our lips a centimeter from touching, and a shaky breath passes Mika's lips.

"Promise me one thing," Mika murmurs, warm air fanning my lips.

My chest does a flip. "Anything."

Her eyes are half-lidded, fluttering down at our lips before daring to meet my eyes. My heart is racing so fast it's a miracle it hasn't given out yet. People think sex is the most intimate a person could get with their loved one. I disagree. For Mika, sex is meaningless. A kiss. A kiss is sacred, something unknown to both of us.