46| Handle It

A foreigner, he assumes. The man has his arms wrapped tightly around Jeongguk's arm. He doesn't look Korean, so maybe he is a foreigner.

"Taehyung!...I didn't expect to see you here" Jeongguk said to him politely. Fiddling with his fingers, he tried to avoid eye contact.

He doesn't even know why he invited Taehyung to sit with them. He should have just pretended they didn't know each other when they bumped earlier.

"Neither did I. I especially didn't expect to see you with a company" He pointed to the man sitting next to Jeongguk, still clinging onto him as if his life depended on it.

"Oh sorry, This is Jake Kim…my boyfriend and Jake, this is Taehyung, he was my e-" He stopped himself from saying 'ex-Lover'. "My friend, we used to be close when I used to live here, then we just…lost contact once I moved away" Jeongguk lied to Jake because this wasn't even close to what happened.

He glanced at Taehyung and saw the older look so betrayed. His eyes looked down on his lap as his eyebrow furrowed and a frown on his face. He is making it too obvious.

"B-boyfriend?" Taehyung's voice cracked, Scoffing at the fact Jeongguk didn't even introduce him as an ex and he just looked away from the embarrassment of just sitting there and unable to do anything.

"Yeah, It's nice to meet an old friend of Jeongguk's as he barely has any other friends that are not Namjoon and Jin Hyung. Although I think I have heard your name before, maybe Jeongguk mentioned it? I don't remember but I hope we get along" He took his hand and offered a handshake,Taehyung put on a fake smile and shook his hands.

"It's nice to meet you too. I thought you were a foreigner but judging from your name I guess you are not" Taehyung tried to change the topic a bit. He can't deal with reality as of right now.

"Yeah, My father is an American man and my mother is Korean, so I'm mixed. Don't worry many people just think I'm full white because unfortunately I didn't take a lot of my mother's genes and sometimes my Korean kinda fucks me up too so if you don't understand what I'm saying please let me know" He answered Taehyung's question. He was honestly really soft spoken and he liked that.

No wonder Jeongguk is dating him. He sounds like a nice guy who isn't afraid of their relationship. He is his type. "So how did you two meet?"

"Um, We just met up in a bar and hit it off from there" Jeongguk gave a vague answer that wasn't satisfactory. Jake rolled his eyes and nudged him.

"Tell him the full story,are you embarrassed,baby?" He laughed at Jeongguk. Taehyung gulped, his chest feeling up with envy.

"I will tell you the full story. So like around…2 years ago, I found this man crying like fully ugly sobbing in this one bar. He was also singing some kind of song. What was the name, It was the song that you made up yourself" He looked at Jeongguk to answer.

"Still with you" He responded, making the other guy's breath hitch. Not their song unofficially.

"Yes, that and normally I would have just walked past because yikes but honestly I liked his voice even when he was out of tune and he was also really cute. So I sat down and we talked and talked. I slid my number in his phone and called an uber for him so he can go home safely. After then he texts me the next day being all cute and polite, apologising and I was so charmed by that. So I kept on texting him, he played so hard to get at, at first but then eventually he started warming up to me, it took us a whole year to start dating, why did you make me wait too long?" He asked after explaining the whole story.

Taehyung regretted asking the question because he got more information than he needed and now he doesn't know how to cope with it. He glanced at Jeongguk to hear his answer when he already knew what it was.