7| Talk To Me

A ringing noise was ringing in Jeongguk ears. He barely slept free hours and now his phone has been going off for the past five minutes. whoever it is doesn't catch a break.

He groaned loudly as he opened his eyes. The sun is shining right through making it hard to adjust. He grabbed his phone from the side table and looked at the caller ID.

birth giver 
Accept | Decline 

"..Hello?" He said in his raspy morning voice. 

"Jeongguk oh my god why were you not picking up your phone?!?! Do you know how worried I have been?!?" His mother yelled at him.

"Why? everything OK?"

"Didn't you see the news? the venue we went to last night blew up. We are lucky we made it out!! or we would have died. You weren't picking up your phone so I thought...I thought something bad happened to you"

"Oh,that's sad. Don't worry mom I got out five minutes later you went home. Don't worry anymore I'm safe in my friends house. I just wake up that's that's I wasn't picking up your calls,I'm sorry" 

"It's okay,sweetie. I am just glad you are alive,please don't ever scare me like that again and pick up your phone!!" 

"Hmm,how is...Um my precious little brother?"

"Yeah that brat was acting last night but since he technically saved me from dying I didn't scold him that much" 

"You should be thanking him mom,treat him or something"

"Shutup, Anyway I am also kind of sorry for taking you there. I am just thinking if all this didn't happen i might have risked your life i-"

"Mom, please don't stress about it. We are fine and that's what only matters. Now hang up so I can eat something,I'll visit you soon okay?"

"Hmm okay,I love you Guk"

"love you too mom, byeee" He hung up the phone as he sighed. He put it aside,his head falling back into the pillow staring at the ceiling. 

He was in this spare room in Taehyung's apartment. Honestly he really wanted to sleep next to Taehyung but since both of them were exhausted from everything that went down last night,Jeongguk really didn't want to annoy taehyung and ruin his sleep so he just let him sleep alone. 

He looked around and noticed that this place was actually really nice. It looked expensive to afford. After last night he wonders what really is Taehyung's Job that he can afford something like this. 

He had multiple questions popping up about Taehyung in his head after last night. Just who is this man? What is his job? who were all those people he was after and why were there kids in the basement. 

He is some kind of cop? a gangster or maybe a part of some mafia? He has no idea. He just knows whatever he does,it's very dangerous. 

He shrugs off all the unnecessary thoughts. A bit too sleepy to think more. Getting out of bed and going into the bathroom to freshen up. He was shirtless and wearing only his dress pants from yesterday.

He was going to ask Taehyung for some extra clothes he could wear but Taehyung passed out the moment he reached his bed. It seemed like the older one was really exhausted after everything that went down. Instead of bothering him and not looking around his cupboards,he just had to deal with what he has. Taking off his coat and dress shirt and just wearing the pants so he could be easy.

Once he was done with washing his face and other stuff. He got out of the room,walking into the little kitchen. He saw Taehyung making breakfast. Leaning against the door frame,staring at the boy who looked so at peace while frying some eggs.