chapter 51

Avery was in pain so much so that she started to give up, everything hurt and she was struggling to breath. She curled up in a ball crying with her hands pressed on the wound to stop the bleeding.

Upstairs Sarah had a wicked smirk, she had always hated that girl. Elijah never even saw how much trouble she was, she wondered if he saw she was right now, after all she had done to him, maybe he finally saw her point of view when it came to their daughter.

"What the fuck was that" Jacob asked approaching his boss.

"I thought I told you not to watch on cctv" Sarah replied.
"And I kept my word but I sure as hell watched once you came up. I have a right to know why she's here and now you go and leave her to die" Jacob wasn't happy.

"How do you know her, you said you knew her as a baby, she thought you were dead, what's going on"

"My daughter is none of your concern now go do your job"

Jacobs eyes widened at this "she's your daughter!! You just stabbed her! What the hell"

"Go fucking do your job before I put a knife through you"

Jacob gulped and backed down, the girl wasn't worth him dying. Even though he backed down he was still disgusted that his boss could do that to her own child.

Not long after that Elijah and a large group had just gotten to the location. They were 5 groups.

Elijah and Max were in one group with a few others including Zach.  They would be taking the side entrance.

Another group taking the back entrance.

And another taking the front entrance.

One group was handling anyone outside.

The last group was on getting away, they had stopped about 15 minute walk away so if it was an ambush , they wouldn't be heard coming but Elijah knew that it could risk thrm getting caught if they had further to go to get away once inside so once they had gotten in the other group would come with cars and take out anyone outside.

"If she's here, we will find her" Max reassured Elijah before they kicked down the door, and ordered the other groups to continue the plan.

Avery wanted to pull the knife out she really did, it hurt to much for her to continue and she was about to give up when she heard gunshots.

Her mother's warning came to mind and she panicked. Elijah can't be here, he can't die. She can't die. She knew that there was nothing she could do apart from stay alive.

She was in and out of consciousness when she heard a voice.

"Avery" there was footsteps and then a gasp.

She opened her eyes Elijah was stood, he hadn't seen her when he called her name but he had thought to go down and check. He was glad he did.

"Max get down here" Elijah shouted as he approached her.

"No. No get off me, leave me" Avery panicked looking around for the woman who gave birth to her.

"Avery shush, it's me, I'm going to get you out of here" Elijah calmly said.

"No. You have to go, she's going to kill you, it's a trap"  Avery rushed out.

Elijah wasn't suprised by this knowledge, it was too simple not to be a trap. "She?" Elijah asked wanting to know the identity of the person he would kill.

"I thought she'd be dead by now, pity" Elijah turned around and he looked at the woman in shock. Avery had said she had died, he had even checked himself, there was a death certificate and everything.
He realized now she probably paid someone off.