chapter 1

(So just want to apologize in advance as the first few chapters are going to be awful, always struggle to write beginings)

Avery

"No"

"Yes"

"I don't want to Elijah"

"I know but it's going to happen whether you like it or not"

"Ugh You're punishing me now"

"Jeez stop being dramatic, its happening"

Elijah and I hadn't been on the best of terms for a few days now, we had just had another arguement. Elijah was being stubborn I guess because after he told me it was happening, he sent me to my room.

I got to my room and let me frustration out by screaming into my pillow. He could be so annoying at times but I knew I had to just accept it, I had to do it no matter how much I rather not.

Elijah

Damn she was giving me a headache with the amount of argueing we had been doing. I missed my little girl who would hug me tight as she possibly could but then that was selfish of me. I couldn't miss that part of her because after a month with nothing going wrong, all secrets out, she was getting comfortable and I liked that, I liked how she felt confident enough to argue with me. She was the only one I'd let argue with me. It was starting to become very repetitive now though and I was getting fed up. Of course I understood her reason but it was non negotiable she had to do it. After all it probably won't ever happen again, but it needed to be done.

Meanwhile

Xander

A month had gone by and I had accepted what my parents did was wrong, I was honestly suprised when Elijah helped me. I thought he hated me but he had done so much for me.

I was currently living in his gang house, there was a few people here but not to many. Elijah had refused to let me go home, I had even joined the mafia after helping him take down my parents gang. It took about an hour to do as my parents gang was nothing compared to the mafia. I suppose that's why Elijah never bothered with my parents or I when he found out about the gang, I wasn't a threat to him.

I wasn't exactly part of the mafia as Elijah had told me I was too young however he said I could train with them but I won't be able to do jobs but I didn't mind, it meant I could spend my nights doing whatever I want.

Elijah had even gone so far as find me some guardians. I was beyond grateful to him and would do my best to show him how grateful I was. I had met the couple a few times and they seemed nice.
Steven was a weapon expert and Cassandra or Cass as she preferred specialized in undercover work.
Cass had pulled me into a hug after Elijah introduced us and I knew straight away that I would prefer it here. Steven shook my hand and introduced himself and then we all had sat down to talk, mainly Elijah telling Cass and Steven about how things would go, I found out he had spoken to them beforehand and they had already agreed to let me live with them.

The trial was in a few days but Elijah wasn't concerned, he had so much power in this city that things were going to go our way no matter what. I knew my parents though they always had something up their sleeve. I had expressed my concern about them telling the court Elijah was head of the mafia but he had dismissed that saying all they had on him was that he was a concerned parent who had seen my scares and being a parent himself went to confront them. Which was true, when we went he did nothing illegal and he had reassured me that to avoid the situation he and the members that went with him all wore masks.

Once the trial ended I was going to live with Cass and Steven. Currently they were not allowed to let me stay, as they had no authority in this but Elijah had asked the judge for me not to live in child custody claiming as a family friend he would sort it out. And he did.

My life had changed so much in the past month and it was all thanks to him.

Apart from the trial, my life was normal. I had friends, granted Nathan and I weren't hanging out as much as we used too, we were best friends growing up however I had started high school first and that led me to get a new social group, it also led him to get one. When he finally came to high school he had become a straight A student and changed quite a bit however we became part of a few teams together and we always made it a point to hang out with each other.

Then along came Avery, she was the definition of perfect, at least to me.
I was aware she had a rough past, but that's what made her so special, getting through all the stuff she did made her strong, her imperfections made her perfect. She was adorable too, especially when she was partnered with me in boxing. She would try her best to throw a decent punch but I barely felt a thing and she would always pout. I wasn't going to let her think she was hurting me like the rest of the group suggested. That would be the worst thing I could do, if she thought she had effected me then she would keep hitting me like that and if someone tried to hurt her and she threw a punch then it wouldn't hurt and she would be screwed. Honesty helped her gain strength and thats all I'll ever be with her, honest.
Avery and I had grown close since I told her about the gang, she had accepted me purely because it was my parents gang and not mine. I had started to wonder if she had accepted Elijah, I hope she had, when I asked she told me how she felt, she told me she knew he was a criminal but hearing mafia boss scared her. He had once told her that he stops the bad guys which she accepted. Overall though she was shocked more than anything which I understood. It's not every day you find out your father is head of the mafia.

So that's chapter 1, what do you think Elijah and Avery are arguing about/what is he making her do?