I fall to my knees, as small bits of information reach my brain slowly just like poison. I cover my mouth with a hand to prevent myself from letting out a cry that reflects the wreaking desperation of myself.

It's like the world's weight just fell on my shoulders.

I, Magnolia Rose Knight, am responsible to provide a cure to save the world against a virus that as been created ? Is this all just a joke.

A hand suddenly grips my shoulder in a firm grip and by instinct I lift the knife up only for it to come centimetres away from Will's arm. He is okay.

With teary eyes, I look up to him and see a pained expression resting on his face as his eyes move back and forward to the body of this laboratory person and myself. He grabs my arm carefully to lift me up from the ground and he slowly start to push me forwards in the corridor, that I, in the meantime, had completely forgotten.

"Th-the d-door..." I whisper to him and turn my head towards the door I originally bursted through, the thought of someone coming to kill us haunting my mind with dark thoughts.

"It's okay sweetheart, I locked it. We are clear for now, but the Italians won't let us go so easily. We need to move forwards, there will be help for us." Will breaths out, tiredness evident in his voice, as he continues to push me forward in this endless white corridor.

The silence is buzzing in my ears and I have this constant crushing fear that something bad is about to happen.

"Why are you here Will." I ask with a trembling voice, as I am getting overwhelmed with this situation, but I want to talk about something else to prevent thinking about the few words I just read on a bloody paper.

A single paper that just turned the tables around, knowing that I am now aware of what is in the vault, and I am the cause of all this turmoil.

"Jace mother fucking Reed" I hear the grin in Will's words behind me, as he drops his hand from my lower back, making me advance in the corridor alone. " it was him all along sweetheart. Since day one, he made me watch over you so we could make sure you are safe."

Automatically, my lips tug upwards as I think of Jace and his doings. He always had my back since the day he left, except for the Cambell's for that matter.

"As if I am safe now..." I unconsciously mumble out with rage. Not against him, but against the world. Why does everything seem to happen in the worst conditions possible? Can someone explain that to me ?

Our rushed footsteps echo through the empty corridor, but as seconds pass, I hear the pace of Will slowing down and his breathing getting heavier. The fight he pulled up behind the door must of been more exhausting for him than I thought.

I send him a glance, observing his features that seem abnormally tense. I intend on grabbing his hand to give each other some support, except my hand grazes the material of his t-shift on his lower stomach. Immediately, I remove my hand, when he jolts to the side and I inspect my hand to affirm yet an other nightmare.

Blood.

"Will ?" I whisper out with a terrorised expression, my eyes fixed on the amount of blood that suddenly seem to be so abundant on his lower stomach. "You're hurt..."

"It's nothing sweetheart. Just a bullet that grazed my skin, you don't need to worry. We are... nearly there." The last couple of words roll of his tongue with difficulty, the air lacking in his lungs.

"But the bullet went through Will !" I exclaim with pure horror, as my friend slowly starts to bleed out of the white floor of this corridor. How could I have not seen it before... "You are bleeding out...we-we need to find help immediately." I stutter as I watch my friend hurting in one of the places possible.

"I am okay for now. Look the door we need to go through is just there." He doesn't stop walking even for a second, and points at a door, but that just makes me more terrified of what is going to happen if we don't find help for him soon. For both of us for that matter.

"When will there be help Will ? I-I don't know how much longer you can hold on..." I choke out with difficultly, as I keep my eyes on his wound that only seems to grow by the second.

Shouts erupt on the other end of the corridor, and Will both and I just register the fact that the Italians managed to get through the door. Which only leaves us a few second to actually get the hell out of here before they shoot us down with a machine gun. I look at Will who now looks as pale as a white sheet of paper.

We are fucked.

I grab Will arm and carefully place it around my shoulder so he could find support on me, even if I am not in a better state as him at all. The only difference is that he is currently bleed out as I am probably bleeding on the inside. 

We reach the door and with my free hand I push down the handle of the door, only for it to not bulge at all. It's locked

"No... no, no, no !" I shout louder, when I realise that we are trapped in this bright white hallway and that any minute now the Italians will appear in the other end of this corridor and open fire.

With desperation I throw my body against the door to try and open it, but it is in no use.

We are trapped here and time is ticking as Will bleeds out and the Italians only come closer to us, probably armed from head to toe.

A/ n : Did I manage to give you guys some anxiety and a fast heartbeat throughout this chapter ?

Caus' I am not gonna lie I am trying very hard here.

Will is currently on the edge of death, they are both trapped in the hallway, Magnolia has very possibly multiple internal bleeding, and the Italians won't wast anymore time to chase after them...

what could there still be going wrong for my poor main character ? I am definitely making her go through hell to give you guys some entertainment.

Let me know what u think !

Don't forget to vote and comment

Xx