I nod my head and he stares at me for little longer, before he steps away from me and suddenly starts to take off what looks like a bulletproof jacket. My eyes widen when I comprehend his movement, which is to late as he already slips the jacket over my head and adjust it around my body.

"There you go princess. Go now."

I want to reply, but multiple footsteps hitting the floor rings through the halls in the distance.

"Fuck." Will mumbles and I take that as my cue to move and start running towards the hall, to the right, even if I feel like I might pass out from the pain. At first black spots blur with vision, but my survival instinct takes over and everything around me somehow sharpens in details. I can hear Will's footsteps behind me, but they stop when shots are fired from a far. My heart stops, but I manage to hid behind the framing of a door build in the wall. In a diagonal , the wall across from me, Will is in the same position as me with his gun on his chest.

"You need to reach the door right after this one Mags. I am covering for you. Please do it !" He begs me in a hurry, as we both see time slip through our fingers, especially now that the shots slowly start to die down.

I plead him with my eyes to come with me, but he gives me a reassuring smile which gives me just enough courage to push my body off from the wall and to sprint towards the door he indicated.

With my whole weight I burst through the metal door that flies open and makes me fall to the ground. I hear the door close behind me as I find myself on my knees, starting at the floor and breathing heavily as I try to catch my breath.

Except I am not the only breathing hard. My head shoots up, when a man in a white laboratory blouse stands in front of me, papers filling his left hand, as shock is written all over his face. What the-

I don't even have the time to finish this sentence in my mind, as he grabs a gun out of his blouse to point it straight at my head.

Without thinking, I grab the knife that has been hiding in my boot since the beginning. The movement is so smooth he doesn't even realise what is happening to him, until the knife pierces through his head. 

His body drops dead to the floor spreading out all the papers that laid in his hands just seconds ago...

I choke out a breath when realisation hits me in the face and I stare at the papers that are slowly starting to get pained in red. Blood. A pool of blood form under him and all I can do is stare with wide eyes. A feeling of nausea fils me up, but the urgency of the situation makes me come back to reality.

Get up.

I tell myself these words as I push my body off the ground to stand on my feet. As I do so, my eyes fall on a piece of paper that started to be stained in a bloody red. I suck a breath in, when I manage to read the title of the file ;

Magnolia Rose Knight- K177

What the fuck ?
With a shaky hand I grab the piece of paper and start scanning the words with my eyes in a rapid motion.

« Deadly weapon. [...] K177 a virus designed to KILL each person that comes in contact with it. [...] Magnolia Rose Knight created Antibodies to provide it from killing. [...] need to Kill her once remedy is created with her DNA. [...] use cure for us. [...] release virus from the vault. »