25. Moments of comfort

❝I'll always be here for you

Even when we don't talk.
I'm still here and I love you.❞

--------------------------

         RISHIT looked around his room awkwardly as the three ladies before him kept giving him unpleasant looks. The two senior ladies kept showering him with loads of shouting and yelling while his brothers, best friend and sister-in-law kept seating near by while enjoying the show.

The fathers stayed outside without bothering much as they kept discussing last day's cricket match. Rutvi and Yug were still in school but they were going to be joining later.

Rishit put his head on the headrest and closed his eyes. "Will you both seriously stop? My head is hurting," He muttered and there was sudden silence.

He opened his eyes with unsurety and found two mothers glaring back at him. He cleared his throat and looked at the gang of four to his side. They all pressed a smile at him as he sighed.

The lectures started again and he closed his eyes while resting his head back on the headrest. The shouting went on for some more time before those two walked out of the room.

He sighed in relief and watched at the bunch. "So next weekend is the longer one as there are four holidays and we can easily go on the trip," Nivedita said.

Rishit kept watching her in disbelief. "Guys, I have broken a leg and a hand. There is cast and it's hard to move with this body pain," He said.

Rajveer shrugged. "That's your problem. We will be going," He said while eating the cake his mother brought for Rishit.

"Yes and we will be taking Taara too," Rajveer said again as Nivedita nodded.

"What about me? No one asks me," Akash said with a frown. "We don't have seat," Nivedita said.

He deepened his frown. "You are what? 5 adults and 2 kids in two cars. I can fit perfectly," He said.

"This thing is broken so he will need more space," Vikram said while pointing at Rishit. Akash sighed.