4. That first sight

❝Relationships are such that if one person changes, the relationship changes

if one person changes, the relationship changes.❞

-----------------------

        SHE adjusted her pallu neatly and entered the restaurant in annoyance. It's been just a year since her post-graduation and then for break up as well. The breakup was hidden from her parents so was her boyfriend. Now, her ex-boyfriend.

She didn't think of telling anyone but Nitya about it as she didn't think of the necessity. But never did she think her parents would fix her alliance this soon.

What was the rush? She asked.

The family was one of the most reputed in the business world. They said.

A common friend brought the proposal and Bakshis didn't waste any time to take the decision. They said it was perfect. Why? She didn't understand nor did she get any convincing answer.

It was perfect because they held a big name and so much money. Her family owned a business as well which was spread across India as well as outside. They weren't any less too. They held a reputation and name highly, and when two mega families come together it's always a show. They get attention and then the business grows with it. That's what she made her heart understand.

She let out a deep breath while thinking of facing that man so she could convey her displeasure about marrying him and say a 'no' to this arrangement politely. She didn't want to get into any relationship now while being out of one recently.

He wasn't ready to commit. They had huge fights and it was too much for her. She didn't want a similar thing to happen again as she didn't have the strength for that same drama again.

She walked through the main entrance while looking around awkwardly. She was getting gazes. Mainly because of the dress she wore. She knew Nitya had overdone it but she wasn't ready to admit it. Moreover, she didn't think she could fall for someone else this soon.

She didn't want to come but she had no option. She didn't want to be rude and make someone wait for her. She didn't want her parents to be looked down upon. And then she was in the car before she could understand.