22. Two broken hearts

❝You weren't just a star to me

❝You weren't just a star to me. You were my whole damn sky.❞

------------------------------

         ANOTHER week passed by swiftly. It was already the weekend and time for celebration as it was the anniversary of the senior Maheshwari couple.

Rutvi twirled while wearing the beautiful dress her father brought her. She smiled at Taara who smiled back at her. She further moved her gaze to Rishit who gave her an impressive look while making her laugh.

"Chalo, Dadu-Dadi must be waiting..." She said and got from her kneeling state.

"Where are your Nana-Nani?" She muttered but widened her eyes to see the old couple entering her room.

"What's with the look?" She shouted as Rishit laughed while standing beside her.

"You two look beautiful," Rutvi approved while making her grandparents grin from ear to ear.

"Only she is our true supporter," Taara's mother said. Rishit contained his laughter to see his former in-laws dressed as Sharmila Tagore and Rajesh Khanna.

"You two look stunning though," Rishit said while making them laugh.

"It's good that you came here... We can go together," Taara's mother spoke while watching Rishit.

He nodded. "I have to give this dress to Ritu," he said.

"Chalo, I need to get ready. Get out all of you," Taara said. Rutvi held Rishit's hand and pulled him out.

"Let's go. I need to show you my drawings," She said. Rishit nodded but watched around awkwardly as if he had to speak something but was keeping to himself.

Taara's parents waited for Rishit and Rutvi out of the room. "You go with Nanu and Nani... I will be downstairs in a couple of minutes. Okay? We will see all the drawings," He said.

"Let's go. Click my pictures," Taara's mother said while walking inside the room and holding Rutvi's hand.

Rutvi nodded and ran out of the room as well.