10. Feeling alive again

❝I'm homesick for a place, where my heart is full, my body loved, and my soul is understood

❝I'm homesick for a place, where my heart is full, my body loved, and my soul is understood.❞

------------------------

          RISHIT raised his eyebrows as Nitya kept hiding her gaze from him. They stood in the backyard of Taara's house as he expected some explanation for her past actions.

He gave her a few moments but she seemed to be avoiding him for longer. He finally sighed in irritation and stuffed his hands into the pocket of his pants before repeating his question.

"What did you tell her?" He asked. Nitya shrugged.

"Nothing much," she said casually and shrugged before mumbling ahead in a low voice, "I didn't think she will be this fast."

Rishit tilted his head as he asked, "Did you say anything?"

Nitya looked at him and chuckled. "Of course not, Jij," she said while still smiling awkwardly.

"Nitya, she was furious at me because of whatever you said," he spoke further. "I mean she might not care about other women but you are her sister. How can you hurt her?" He asked.

She scoffed loudly. "You were her husband yet you hurt her," She said and smirked in a challenge.

He kept glaring at her and nodded. "So you took motivation from me?" He asked. She sighed tiredly.

"Look, I was just getting some reaction out of her. I was trying to make her jealous," She said as he narrowed his eyes at her.

"What for?" He asked. She shrugged.

"Look, you both ended up on a bitter note. She is trying to move on but is stuck in confusion. She is not able to decide whether she should go ahead with Abeer or not," She said in a low voice so no one else could hear her. He kept listening to her.

She stopped and looked past him and then around one time to check if anyone was near and then started again while looking back at him.

"I was helping her clear her confusion. I am not her enemy... I don't want to hurt her too but she frustrates me," she said again.