17. Unspoken words

❝Things left unsaid stay with us forever

❝Things left unsaid stay with us forever.❞

---------------------------

          THE sunbeams made their way inside Rishit's bedroom as he shut his eyes tighter. He pulled the pillow from below his head and put it over his face to cover it from the sunlight.

He groaned while changing the position and got settled after finding a comforting sleeping spot again. His mobile was vibrating nearby but he was too lazy to move his hand to pick it up.

Soon after the mobile stopped ringing and he looked peaceful again as he curled up in the bed while pulling his comforters.

He didn't understand how much time passed but he only woke up when the doorbell rang loudly. He moved the cushion and comforter away as he looked around the room and sighed deeply in irritation.

The bell kept on ringing and he had no option but to push himself out of the bed to get to the door. His hands kept moving through the hair as yawns kept leaving his mouth as he approached the door and finally opened it.

He blinked his eyes a few times when Rutvi ran to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. He smiled genuinely while bending down and kneeling before her.

"Ritu? What are you doing here, baby?" He asked with happiness evident on his face. She smiled and looked back at Yug who gave him a pressed smile and entered inside like he owned the place.

"Hold on, what's going on?" Rishit asked in confusion.

"It's a holiday, Chachu. Let's go somewhere," He said and pressed a wide smile. Rishit looked at the kids tiredly and moved his gaze to the clock hung on the wall.

"It's too early," he muttered. "It's not, Papa," Rutvi said and wrapped her little arms around his neck.

"Let's go na, Papa," She said and pecked on his cheeks. He chuckled while holding her back.

What was going to stop him now? He picked her up and moved to the living room. "Okay, let's go..." He said and looked at Yug.

"Who dropped you two?" He asked while crooking his eyebrows.